Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:36:39 PM EDT
I just got an HK USPc 45 I LOVE THIS GUN. It's amazing I mean I can't believe it. Its like everything my Glock wants to be but can't. The grip angle is a little different though does anyone have any advise on going from a Glock to an HK?? (my Glock is a 23) thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:27:19 PM EDT
Anyone???
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:36:38 PM EDT
Welcome to AR15.com

For me the best way to get used to a new grip angle is to shoot it.

I own Glocks, HKs, Walthers, one SIG and one Beretta. All have a different grip angle and it takes a little bit of range time....but that is never a bad thing

If it continues to bother you, you can had a Houge rubber slip on grip....some like these I used to have one on a HK USP .40, but I thought it was a little thick.

1911 shooters have the hardest time adjusting to other grip angles so when they buy a Glock or HK some will send it off to a gun smith to re shape the polymer lower to that of a 1911 grip

Chris
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:04:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By armsman:
does anyone have any advise on going from a Glock to an HK?? (my Glock is a 23) thanks

Don't look back
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:21:23 PM EDT
Practice, Practice, Practice.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:22:36 PM EDT
Thanks for the advice. Been stocking up on ammo time to send it downrange!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:55:10 AM EDT
I'm in the exact opposite situation. Whenever I grab a Glock after holding my HK I my natural point of aim is VERY high compared to the HK. I LOVE the HK's grip angle - it's perfect for my hands. I can still shoot other firearms, including my Glocks and Ruger .22's, but the HK is just so natural and perfect for me I can't believe it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:22:06 PM EDT
I'm still shooting a little low.Its gotten a lot better the more i shoot it but what the hell.Its getting a little frustrating isn't there anything i can do to improve this its my first HK the gun is stupid accurate and puts all my other pistols to shame.So its not the gun. any tips??
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:16:43 AM EDT
My suggestion is just practice and get your muscle memory honed into the HK and stay away from glocks. I like glocks, but they have a different grip angle. Most other pistols have an angle that is similar but not glock. In my opinion the angle is their one screw up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:51:00 PM EDT
Yep all it took was a little range time this pistol is awsome i will never shoot a Glock again.
There's just not in the same class.I love this gun thanks for all the advise
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top