Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2002 2:58:27 PM EDT
I think I've been bitten by a USP bug, because I'm trying to decide between a USP45 Expert, USP45 Tactical, Mk23, or USP45 full size (and I want all of them).  I had the opportunity to fire the tactical at the range today, and wow.  I figured the .45 frame was too big for my hands, but it fit like a glove.  Who owns/fires any of the above models, and what kind of recommendations can you give me?  Anyone trying to dump any of the forementioned USP models?
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a HK Match .45 and put on a Hogue grip... I have HUGE hands and it is VERY comfortable... my next HK is gonna be a Tactical for sure then a USPc SS .45  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive got a USP 45 and a USP 45C. Love them both. Once you are bitten, its a hard bug to shake though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
The Expert seems like it's hard to find, and the Mk23 seems like you're paying for the name more than anything else (although i've heard good things about its performance).  The 45 full size sounds great, but I've fired the Tactical, and I understand that the accuracy on the tactical is better than the stock model.  What to do?!  What should I sell?!  I"m going to sell my computer!  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#4]
tactical and match are damn near close in accuracy.. the match cost about 100 more bucks here in my state.

They don't make the match anymore which is why I passed the tactical and got the match instead.. if you can find a expert or match i'd suggest getting it..  the Tactical and Match and maybe the Expert comes with the zip case with 2 mags and a cleaning kit.

Theres 2 gripes about the Tactical/Match.  The HUGE front sight is snag city in a holster and the threaded barrel doesn't help much either.  I don't think i'd ever use a tac or a match for carry... jus too damn big  maybe a USPc .45 stainless which is a badass gun too
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Tactical, and it shoots as well as or better than I can. The first time I shot for group with it the day I got it, I put five rounds into 13/16ths of an inch.

As far as that high, boat-rudder like front sight, it's for sighting over a hypothetical suppressor, so I won't take it off. If you want a holster that it won't snag on, take a look at Comp-tac. They build all the holsters they make for the USP45F with a deep enough sight channel for the Tactical. I've never had mine hang up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I never understood why they have that sight on the Match... I can understand the suppressor but the barrel weight isnt that far off
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Jarhead,

What kind of Comp-tac holster do you use?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#8]
worthess sight?

I think not.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Jarhead,

What kind of Comp-tac holster do you use?

I've got the locking paddle holster.

The "locking" part comes in because the two prongs go under your belt from the bottom to keep the holster from moving or pulling off.

Their mag carriers are the heat, too.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top