Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 10/28/2001 3:46:39 PM EDT
The finish on my 1991A1 slide seems to be chipping/peeling exposing a brass or copper looking metal underneath. Isn't this highly unusual for this type of finish?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
That's wierd, man.  I would take it to a good smith, and have him give it the once over.  If it is a factory defect, send it back to Colt.  They seem to be better with customer service these days, but they are a bit slow, so it may be worth your while to just get it refinished by a local smith, or a firm with good turnaround time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is it chipping?  It could be from deflected brass hitting the slide around the ejection port or on other places on the slide depending on how it ejects.  I would bet that it is not the finish coming off at all as the metal should not be an off color.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top