Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 2:52:00 PM EDT
What might a person expect to have to pay for a high cap mag for the P99?  Thanks ahead for any info on this.
W
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
By the very designation P-99, this gun is a post ban, and therefore high caps are only available to LEO's. However the S&W Model 99 is supposed to be identical to the Walther P-99, although also a postban. BUT.....there may be a preban Smith mag that MIGHT fit the Walther. It is a long shot, but worth a try.
Sorry not to be of more help.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting...  because "pre ban" Walther P99 high cap mags are being offered over at the Gun Broker site...  for about $100.00 a pop?!?
W
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Could they be offered for LEO use only?
The "99" in the pistol model number generally designates the year of origin. That's why I would assume this to be a post ban gun.
I could be wrong, please let us know what you find out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, here is the info I can find on the Walther p99....."pistol was introduced in 1996, but had barely caught on until late 98 and early 99". I believe that 1994 is the cut off date for a mag to be preban.
"16 cartridges (Does not include cartridge in chamber), 10 rounds for U.S.A. civilian."
This indicates to me that the pistol is a postban. Now, this *might* mean that some other manufacturer's preban mags *may* fit this gun.
But my guess is that original Walther mags in high caps may well be for sale, but only to LEOs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#6]
They are 16 round cap 9mm mags which were made for the Walther 88 and the mags are now fitted with new plastic bottoms with "99" embossed into the plastic.  Hence being made for the 88, they're pre ban and just happen to fit the 99 too.  All very legal.
W
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool, an earlier model fits the postban gun........snag em
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Ever price P-88 mags? Outta site...over $100 for the real ones. I sold an unfired P-88 a few years back with 4 or 5 new blister packed mags tossed in the deal...yellow cardboard and "interarms" on the wrappers. Upon looking for more, he gave up, sticker shocked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top