Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 3:38:25 PM EDT
Whats a good glock holster for range use mostly.  If thers a good OWB concealment holster that works near the same that would be fine.  Im thinking about IDPA and IPSC for this one, but dont want a race rig.

Whatever it is, it has to be belt mounted.  Forward cant prefered.

What are opinions on the Fobus RotoHolster with belt mount

What about the belt mounted uncle Mikes stuff?

Sorry...the cheapos are all I can buy locally.  But Ill order online for something good.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Blade-Tech.

Good holsters.  I used one for USPSA/IPSC and IDPA matches.  A solid holster that is durable.  It will cost more than a fobus... but it will last a lot longer than a fobus.  Wait a couple of paydays to save up, and get a good holster.  You will be much happier in the long run.

Fobus will eventually break, Uncle Mikes are good for the price... but check out Blade-Tech.  A better holster than both the others.  You will pay more, but you are getting more.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill go look at blade tech again.  I had put them in the same category as UM and Fobus, but for me $100 is not out of the question.  So you can step up a notch in recommendations if you know of something better.  Leather or Plastic is fine with me.  

Only real problem wiht OWB concealment holsters might by they hold the gun too close to the body, but if I can use it for CCW thats ok too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Andrews Custom Leather

Saddle Belt Slide.......$80

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
G-Code is your answer.  Better quality than Fobus or Uncle Mike's, forward cant option, polished internal surface, great design, reasonable price, lifetime guarantee.

www.gunnersalley.com/product/GCODEBELT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
i have an uncle mike's holster for my p220..... i love it  man.....i carry it around the house and the gun range and its comfortable... easy to get out... ill get u a pic of it inside the holster hang on

edit--- http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/IonRules0504/JohnnySig002.jpg
i always have the mag on top loaded and the mag in the gun unloaded
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
CompTac Paddles
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:06:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Man the Tucker HF1 is an awesome holster.  Nice high ride and keeps it close to the body.  Their website shows one on a person and it shows how it will sit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
CompTac Paddles

+1 - my fastest IDPA rig is a Comp-Tac Paddle holster.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Bladetech is the best deal.  Roto holsters rotate.... they suck.  Fobus is crap.

Just get the Bladetech.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Comp-tac. I use their standard belt holster for range and IPSC use. I also have their CTAC for concealed carry. I really like comp-tac products. Definitely worth every penny.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:15:27 AM EDT
[#12]
P220DOA, I just got one of those for my Para P14.  Needed something for the range.  Haven't had a chance to try it out but it seems pretty good.

Dad has a Bianchi Minimialist for his Taurus 24/7.  Looks kinda like the Andrews Leather holster pic, but a little less leather.  Looks good

I had a Fobus Roto holster for my first .45 it was ok.  My roto screw kept coming loose and let the gun rotate.  Good thing the tension screw stayed in place.  I thought the gun was going to fall out a few times.  I wouldn't get another one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top