Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/14/2002 8:27:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:50:48 PM EDT
The defensive round that I prefer for all of my handguns is made by MagSafe. I don't know of a web site. They are pretty expensive, a box of six can cost $20 bucks! The only other round recommended by the MagSafe manufacturer is Cor-Bon. I use these as my general purpose hollow point when hunting to finish off hogs etc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:15:28 PM EDT
Try the Rem golden saber 185 +P.
From a full size 45 the ME = 540 lbs.

Bright flash though. Unbeleivable round guarenteed to decapitate.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:32:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:22:40 PM EDT
230gr Hydroshock
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 12:55:13 PM EDT
My vote is for the load that feeds with 100% reliability. If your gun feeds all hollowpoints with total reliability - you are very lucky indeed. If you can't count on it to feed every time you are better off with FMJ than the most exotic HP that jams. That said -I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry that feeds Federal 230 gr. HydraShocks as reliably as FMJ. I like the HydraShocks because I prefer not so use +P loads in an alloy framed gun. I have used the older +P Remington stuff in a steel framed Colt also. Never having fired a shot in anger, I cannot attest to the terminal effectiveness of any round. Based upon what I have read - the HydraShocks and +P Remingtons have a good reputation as stoppers. My rational is that even if the 230 gr. Hydrashock doesn't expand at all - it is still equivalent to the 230 gr. ball that earned the .45 the reputation as a manstopper. Just my .02 worth.
Top Top