Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 9:46:51 PM EDT
I have 2 boxes of Black Talons .45 and 1 box of 9mm.  What are they worth?  I'm thinking about putting them on EE.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
noidea but when you figure out a price PM me and let me know, im interested in the .45's, thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd be interested in what the stuff is bringing now too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a dime more than Fed 230 hydroshocks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have 2 boxes of Black Talons .45 and 1 box of 9mm.  What are they worth?  I'm thinking about putting them on EE.  Thanks!

link for 9mm Black Talon prices. . i've seen 9mm Talons range from $25-$75
the .45acp Talons were up to $100 for a box of twenty!  and i don't see it listed there anymore, so it must have sold
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Casing nickel, or brass?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Casing nickel, or brass?

Black Talons came with nickel plated cases and LEO SXT's came with brass.
Black Talons came in boxes of 20, LEO SXT's came in boxes of 50
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Knew that, but I bought some  "Black Tallon" ammo pnline for nostalgia (for waay too much money!) and what was shipped was SXT's with the black coating/brass cases. FWIW, I think Black Tallons were at one time available in 50 rd. boxes (could be mistaken though...).
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]
i have shot some black talons into some wet magizens ( think thats how you spell it) they do 10x better than any other bullet ive shot, but i havnt tried them for accuracy (to expensive) if i were you, keep every one you can get, sooner or later you will own a .45 auto and want to keep them loaded in your clip for personal protection.anyone that says their no good or not worth the money is full of shit, their is a reason why they cant sell them to "us" anymore.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell, Id sell mine at those prices!!!

Quoted:

Quoted:

link for 9mm Black Talon prices. . i've seen 9mm Talons range from $25-$75
the .45acp Talons were up to $100 for a box of twenty!  and i don't see it listed there anymore, so it must have sold

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i have shot some black talons into some wet magizens ( think thats how you spell it) they do 10x better than any other bullet ive shot, but i havnt tried them for accuracy (to expensive) if i were you, keep every one you can get, sooner or later you will own a .45 auto and want to keep them loaded in your clip for personal protection.anyone that says their no good or not worth the money is full of shit, their is a reason why they cant sell them to "us" anymore.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You wouldn't happen to write for any major gun magizens, would you?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

riiiight .

and BTW

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:55:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I have two boxes of 20 rounds each in 40s&w with the nickel cases... they worth much?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have two boxes of 20 rounds each in 40s&w with the nickel cases... they worth much?

condition?  
unopened, never been cycled $30-75 . . they'll be worth more in years to come
i'll give you $25 a box
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#16]
going rate seems to be in the 30-40 per box price range, at least on funbroker.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#17]
OK, I cannot resist.  I would trade NIB Black Talon .45's for SA battlepacks.  Either .308 or .223.  at an exchange rate of 1-1 for .223 or 3-308's  for 2 boxes...  Feel free to make other offers...  

To the Flamers, if you don't like my deal, don't make use of it...

Oh yeah, for the "this isn't EE" crowd - I just answered this guy's question, I set a value for the Black Talons...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

riiiight .

and BTW

www.hunt101.com/img/363441.jpg</a>

www.hunt101.com/img/363440.jpg</a>

+156.32

I hate hearing people call magazines clips.

One of our state troopers shot a guy with 180gr .40cal Black Talon back in 96 or so, went right throuh him, stopped in his coat lining........did not expand one bit.
fyi
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I guess I hade better get some of those black talons incase all my magazines get weat, rise up. and try and kick my ass.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Have a box on 308 WIn if interested please IM
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#21]
When they stopped selling the Black Talons after the media clamor over them, many people mistakingly turned them into the police.  My LEO buddy gave me all the appropriate cailber BT's for free.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a few boxes of 9mm Black Talons (in original boxes) I was issued for duty.  They issued new ammo every six months.  We were supose to shoot our old ammo but I always forgot it at home.    

I also have some of the older brass cased LEO SXT's in original boxes.  

My Captain shot a guy with original 9mm Black Talons.  They worked very well.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You wouldn't happen to write for any major gun magizens, would you?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

you have no idea what you are talking about!!!

first off its not a clip!!!

second  they never stopped selling them to"us", do alittle research before you pipe off at the mouth.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Aren't Winchester Rangers pretty much the same thing as Talons?  Why not just get a box of newer ammo for defense?

http://www.sciencesavvy.net/Big/gunz/win_rangers.jpghttp://www.sciencesavvy.net/Big/gunz/Blktalon2.jpg
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

riiiight hinking.gif.

and BTW

www.hunt101.com/img/363441.jpg

ty for saying that cause my dad has a habbit of saying clip and it makes him seem loserish

www.hunt101.com/img/363440.jpg

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I've got a box of 20....19 in .45acp.

I had to test one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

No, that's not how you spell magazine. Unless, of course, you have subscription to "Illiterate Loser Monthly".

A clip is not a magazine.

I suspect that you are actually too stupid to own a firearm. Educate yourself.

Lern how to rite so you dont luk like a dumass.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#29]
that is TOO stupid
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Noted.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Aren't Winchester Rangers pretty much the same thing as Talons?  Why not just get a box of newer ammo for defense?

www.sciencesavvy.net/Big/gunz/win_rangers.jpgwww.sciencesavvy.net/Big/gunz/Blktalon2.jpg

I did some research a while back, the Ranger SXT are for the most part the same as the black Talon,

The 2 boxes I have have been loded into mags and carried, for a few weeks, after that I removed them in favor of some rounds that the most of you most likely dont like all that much Winchester silver tip HPs I personally like them, I have the BT's for collector purposses now. The BTs I have look mint, and have no handling marks. I have a supplyer that says he can get me more of them... I might have to go find him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top