Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 11:02:19 AM EDT
Does anybody have a line on a place that will sell to civilians or LE over the Net? I can get Ranger all day locally from the LE supply places but want some HST for testing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You.....order placed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
How's the flash on Federal's HST ammo?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
call my ammo guy he has it for 15.00 a box 50rds his number 845 227 4100
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]
@ unseen sniper:  its my *guess* that they're using flash suppressed powders for this cartridge 'cause its a law enforcement round intended for duty

@ Failsafe: $15 for 50rds. is a freakin bargain!  thats what most stores are selling 20rd. boxes of premium ammo for..im gonna buy several boxes at that price and conduct some testing of this stuff
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not shot it yet in no light. I would not assume that it is flash retardant just because it is LE ammo. TAP definitely is not and it is advertised as such. Ranger T is very low in muzzle signature and one of the only ones I trust. I just received my HST from Streichers. $14 a box for 50 rounds. They do not offer +P though. I'll be testing the HST in the next few days at night.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have not shot it yet in no light. I would not assume that it is flash retardant just because it is LE ammo. TAP definitely is not and it is advertised as such. Ranger T is very low in muzzle signature and one of the only ones I trust. I just received my HST from Streichers. $14 a box for 50 rounds. They do not offer +P though. I'll be testing the HST in the next few days at night.

Please let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Went out tonight for a low light/no light practice shoot before the tactical conference this weekend. I must say that I was extremely impressed with the low flash quality of this ammo. Ranger has been hands down the lowest flash stuff out there when compared to everything else on the market. HST is identical to Ranger in flash quality. It only lacks velocity compared to Ranger +P+. I can not find a source for the HST in +P on the net.

HST is a winner when talking about no light ammo. Now if they'll just make it in +P+
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#9]
They do, I have some 9mm HST that is +P+.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Freakin A......I want some......where can I get it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweet, thanks for the update.  I put a few through my G21 and 1911.  My indoor range won't go completely dark, but it is pretty dim.  Less flash than my Speer GD's and not as bright.  Definitly not a blinding white light
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd recommend reading THIS, and testing the HST's out.  I ordered a box from Streicher's a year ago, and got the same result as the guy who tested them in the link.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd recommend reading THIS, and testing the HST's out.  I ordered a box from Streicher's a year ago, and got the same result as the guy who tested them in the link.

Every lot, every day is shot through denim into gelatan. If it doesn't expant to spec the whole lot is scrapped.

Now maybe if you are attacked by a bundle of newspapers...........
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I went today and performed a test on wet newspaper. Several bundles of newspaper soaked in a bucket of water to get it about 24" thick with a steel plate at the rear to capture any penetrating bullets. I shot one each of a 127 grain +P+ Ranger SXT and one standard pressure 124 grain HST. Both expanded beautifully and penetrated a little over half way. I then covered the papers in legs of some old blue jeans.Four layers total. Two rounds of HST and both fully expanded. Two rounds of SXT and one fully expanded with one partially uneven expanded and still evidence of denim in the cavity.Again they penetrated a little over half way. Paper is getting pretty boogered up by now. I staggered a mag of SXT's and HST's and fired them all for a finale'. Four SXT's pentetrated the paper and dented the steel and flattened out. The other HST's and SXT's that were recovered were mostly all fully expanded although not symetrical. The last mag had 7 HST's and 7 Ranger SXT's. I was impressed with the performance of both rounds in wet newspaper. When I can gather more newspaer I plan on doing further testing at further distances with different clothing and barriers. This test was done at 15 feet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Freakin A......I want some......where can I get it?

I think I got it from GT Dist., do a Google it should come up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top