Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 11:40:28 AM EDT
I have a question for you S&W aficionados. I have been trying to research various S&W models to find production years, production numbers, etc.  More specifically, I recently purchased a Model 4026 from a co-worker and was curious to see when they were produced, and how many.  I know for a fee I can request the history on a particular gun, but was more interested in model #'s as opposed to serial 3's.  

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#1]
You may try posting on the S&W forum.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont know about how many but according to Blue Book and Standard Catalog they were produced from 1991-1993
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The Standard Catalog of S & W will tell you when they were produced but rarely gives total production figures.  The 4026 is one of the less common variants.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I assumed it was not as common as some of the other models.  Also, you don't readily see a decocker on a S&W 3rd gen, let alone in a .40.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top