Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:49:32 PM EDT
So I have had my new P229R two tone for over a week now. I cannot find any where on the thing where it says where it is made. Are they made entirely in the US now or are they still made in Germany?

Sigmonster
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#1]
i know my p220 is made in germany......im pretty sure (dont quote me on this) that they r still made in germany
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My P220 that I got in 2002 says Made in Germany. But the new P229R only has the Exeter- New Hampshire marking. No Made in...marking.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
My 229R has "Frame made in Germany" on the right side of the frame.
I specifically searched for one of these.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The term “made” can mean a couple of things.

If the entire pistol was assembled in Germany, it will have proof marks.

I certainly could be wrong, but I’m thinking all stateside P229’s have been assembled at Exeter, though some of the individual parts may have been made in Germany (and may be so marked).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top