Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:18:25 PM EDT
I took my P220 for the second time to the range and I can't seem to get good groups, I fire two to three rounds and it looks good and tight, then it opens up with flyers and gets lousy, this is at 7 and 10 yards

at 25 yards I can't hit paper (small pistol 25 yard targets) I used large human figure targets and the spread is from one end to the other, is it me? I can't be that bad I can shoot my CZ very accurately but I can't seem to master this one, it has less than 250 rounds on it

Any thoughts or tips? every thing seems tight so what can it be I used Win ball and Hp 230 for both.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd keep at it. If it keeps up, let someone else shoot it and see how they do. If it does it for everyone who shoots it, then I'd call SIG. Between it being new and new to you, maybe you two just need to get to know each other better.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd keep at it. If it keeps up, let someone else shoot it and see how they do. If it does it for everyone who shoots it, then I'd call SIG. Between it being new and new to you, maybe you two just need to get to know each other better.

+1

My new 220 and I got real cozy at the 400 round mark.

Out of 50 rounds, 43 in the 10 and 7 in the 9 at 7 yds with AE.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I'll keep trying next week, I'm hoping it's just a break in issue has anyone else experienced this with thier new gun?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes it just takes a while for you and a gun to click.  Has yours got the bar-dot sights?  Mine did, and I hated them, had to concentrate on the sights rather than the dot.  I shoot with three dot sights much better.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure what the bar dot sights are mine are night sights, they glow in the dark
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#6]
i had a similar experience after buying my 228. it just took me a little while to get acuainted with a new pistol. good idea on letting someone else shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#7]
About a $100 (500 rounds) worth of ammo will get you to where you like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top