Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 4:12:12 PM EDT
Has anyone swapped out their standard trigger on their DAK to a short trigger?  I wasn't difficult was it??
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Changing triggers on the DAK triggers are only slightly harder to get out than a regular 226/229 trigger because the trigger bars are different.  We removed and installed triggers a lot at the armorers course.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:18:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Good so my armorer shouldn't have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone converted a DA/SA pistol to DAK?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
From what Ive been told, it cant be done.  The K trigger is not a parts only swap.  It also includes some cutting and reshaping of the frame....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
From what Ive been told, it cant be done.  The K trigger is not a parts only swap.  It also includes some cutting and reshaping of the frame....

The original poster is asking about installed a 'short' trigger in a DAK, a regular DA/SA short trigger for a 226/229 works in a DAK 226/229.  I know this because I've swapped about 6 of them for people.

The DAK and DA/SA SIGs have always used the same exact trigger.

Older DA/SA SIGs can't be easily convereted to DAK.
The newest DA/SA and DAK frames are the exact same thing.  Early DAKs used different frame cuts.  And when the new SAO comes out it too will use the same frame cut as the DAK and DA/SA.  This was told to me by George Harris (director of training at SIGARMS) at my SIG armorers course instructor at Blackwater in December 2005.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw that the original question had been answered...
I was merely trying to answer Tim84K10's question....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top