Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 6:58:37 PM EDT
I was shooting with my SIG p226 and realized the sights are cool and all but is it as reliable as some other kind of sight? I have the one where their is the vertical whiter stripe on the middle of the and you set the ball on it. Should I get target sights on it? I only target shoot with it and if so what kind?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I find the Sig combat Bar and Dot type sights favorable for most of my shooting.   They are not target sights in the sense of the word.  I've become accustomed to shooting this type of setup that I rarely notice the white bar on the rear sight.  Place the front sight (DOT) on what you want to hit.  Another setup you could try is replace the rear sight with a matte finish(already mentioned), and put a red or green fiber front sight inplace of the standard Sig sight.  Just a suggestion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top