Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
What is special about the blue mag bags?
View Quote
gov. contract
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote
USGI packaging. You can see pics at Proven Arms.

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/m17-m18-magazines
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Nothing
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Great photos. It’s interesting to see how they arrive at a unit (packaging, etc.). I left the line before we received them, so never gotten to see the process with new pistols.

View Quote

The only small benefit that I’d mention is that so far, all the ones I’ve seen have been made Mec-Gars in Italy. I think those are a little nicer quality than the Checkmate US-made mags. If I’m buying the standard commercial P320 mags, and the price is the same, I like to pick the Italian mags when I find them. Ordering these might give you a better chance of getting those, but I’m sure there are US-made military issue mags out there too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#7]

@LsuJon

where is this pic from?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Jack_Flag:

@LsuJon

where is this pic from?
View Quote
I don't remember it's been floating around for awhile now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:40:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NachoDip] [#10]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
Great photos. It’s interesting to see how they arrive at a unit (packaging, etc.). I left the line before we received them, so never gotten to see the process with new pistols.

The only small benefit that I’d mention is that so far, all the ones I’ve seen have been made Mec-Gars in Italy. I think those are a little nicer quality than the Checkmate US-made mags. If I’m buying the standard commercial P320 mags, and the price is the same, I like to pick the Italian mags when I find them. Ordering these might give you a better chance of getting those, but I’m sure there are US-made military issue mags out there too.
View Quote

I bought a laege amount of mags a few years back. They were all Mecgar made. Didn't know till a little while later that there was a USA made option. I prefer the mecgar.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#11]
This is coming...

Sig RomeoM17
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

I’m a little amazed a citizen could buy one while Sig was fulfilling the big .mil order. Their production capacity must be phenomenal.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#14]
My contract over run came in earlier this week. If any one can post photos of the internals of an issued m18 that would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/14/2023 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
My contract over run came in earlier this week. If any one can post photos of the internals of an issued m18 that would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/546EA559-6E57-4185-881B-A9FE2237B63F_jpe-2710951.JPG
View Quote

Got mine as well, like it so much in fact, I ordered a second one today.
Beautiful trigger and pre- tensioned barrel….. fantastic shooter!
Cp
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 5:49:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sinister] [#16]
The beauty of the M17/M18 is the trigger can be tuned to give very close to an M1911A1 break with very little take-up; a clean, hard break; and minimal overtravel.

Add a Brouwer grip, an Apex or GrayGuns trigger (with the Apex trigger bar) and you have a P228/M11-size package that rivals the Staccato in size and general handling for a fraction of the price.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Sinister:
The beauty of the M17/M18 is the trigger can be tuned to give very close to an M1911A1 break with very little take-up; a clean, hard break; and minimal overtravel.

Add a Brouwer grip, an Apex or GrayGuns trigger (with the Apex trigger bar) and you have a P228/M11-size package that rivals the Staccato in size and general handling for a fraction of the price.
View Quote

You mentioned Brouwer and Apex?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#18]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/546EA559-6E57-4185-881B-A9FE2237B63F_jpe-2710951.JPG
View Quote

@LsuJon take some pics of yours like you want to see of an issued one and I'll try to replicate.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SgtKiwi:

@LsuJon take some pics of yours like you want to see of an issued one and I'll try to replicate.
View Quote
Appreciate it! I'll try to take photos tonight.

in the mean time, from USMC:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:25:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#20]

View Quote

Don’t want to hi-jack the thread but have you or anyone with one of the surplus guns considered a sight plate or Red Dot for one of these? I’d like to run my Romeo 2 on one but there is a hole in the rear of the slide? The one post above with USMC Team guns pictured shows a Romeo 1 but I’m wondering how they covered the hole in the rear of the slide?
I mean I’d love a Romeo M17 but I’m betting they are 2 years out at this point….
Cp
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Appreciate it! I'll try to take photos tonight.

in the mean time, from USMC:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/CFEC4129-1792-44E8-9AE9-165838A8E55E_jpe-2712665.JPG
View Quote

There needs to be the M17A1/M18A1 that gets rid of that original grip mod and go to the X Series grip.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

There needs to be the M17A1/M18A1 that gets rid of that original grip mod and go to the X Series grip.
View Quote

Brouwer is nice too. Points a little high, but feels good in hand.

Cp
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By eaglecp:
Don’t want to hi-jack the thread but have you or anyone with one of the surplus guns considered a sight plate or Red Dot for one of these? I’d like to run my Romeo 2 on one but there is a hole in the rear of the slide? The one post above with USMC Team guns pictured shows a Romeo 1 but I’m wondering how they covered the hole in the rear of the slide?
View Quote

I’m personally going to go with the Bobro mounting plate with integrated rear sight if the Romeo M17 takes years to arrive. It’s made to fit either the military or civilian optic cut. Seems to be out of stock most places right now, but Primary Arms had them a month or two ago.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#24]

I’m personally going to go with the Bobro mounting plate with integrated rear sight if the Romeo M17 takes years to arrive. It’s made to fit either the military or civilian optic cut. Seems to be out of stock most places right now, but Primary Arms had them a month or two ago.
View Quote

They make a great kit, I had one and they are definitely an awesome product. I just don’t need the BUIS, I am not a fan of massively high front sights and fail to see the need for BUIS’s on a pistol.
Cp
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Does anyone know if this will work on the slide marked "P320 M18"  not the actual M18?
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By GLD1980:

Does anyone know if this will work on the slide marked "P320 M18"  not the actual M18?
View Quote

Yes they will, they both have the DPP footprint and mounting holes. But the M18 Overruns/ POW has the rear site mounted a little different.
Cp
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Mounts that work on the Civilian M17 and 18 should work on the military models.  Sig is making a new optic that will mount using that hole in the mil slides.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Yes they will, they both have the DPP footprint and mounting holes. But the M18 Overruns/ POW has the rear site mounted a little different.
Cp
View Quote

Originally Posted By Postal0311:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58648/sig_slide_cuts-01-01_1-2674691.jpg

Mounts that work on the Civilian M17 and 18 should work on the military models.  Sig is making a new optic that will mount using that hole in the mil slides.
View Quote

Thank you both! For those of you using this Bobro mount what front sight are you using?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:25:35 AM EDT
[#29]

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/354/Z9Cjnh.jpg
Cp
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:27:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sierra-def] [#30]

They make a great kit, I had one and they are definitely an awesome product. I just don’t need the BUIS, I am not a fan of massively high front sights and fail to see the need for BUIS’s on a pistol.
Cp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Cp

@eaglecp

Forward Control Designs

(Commerial M18)
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:02:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SgtKiwi:

View Quote
Mainly curious about any different markings and the anti tampering device I've read about.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#32]

@eaglecp

Forward Control Designs
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52688265008_7b52a3c97b_b.jpg
(Commerial M18)
View All Quotes

@eaglecp

Forward Control Designs
(Commerial M18)

Thanks for the heads up, I thought for sure that would work but I am puzzled by the disclaimer they have as to why it “won’t work”.

NOTE: Army issued M17/M18 slide has slightly different plate mounting, the OPF-P320, RMR, RSD is incompatible with Army issued M17/M18.

Cp
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Thanks for the heads up, I thought for sure that would work but I am puzzled by the disclaimer they have as to why it “won’t work”.

Cp
View All Quotes

@eaglecp

Forward Control Designs
(Commerial M18)

NOTE: Army issued M17/M18 slide has slightly different plate mounting, the OPF-P320, RMR, RSD is incompatible with Army issued M17/M18.

Cp

Sorry didn't realize you were talking about the .Mil M17/18 and not the commercial M17/18. The .Mil version does not have the two holes the commercial version has and that is why it won't work.

I know Trijicon makes a plate for the .Mil version but if I recall has the rear tall sight built in.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 3:44:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#34]

Sorry didn't realize you were talking about the .Mil M17/18 and not the commercial M17/18. The .Mil version does not have the two holes the commercial version has and that is why it won't work.

I know Trijicon makes a plate for the .Mil version but if I recall has the rear tall sight built in.
View Quote

Actually thats not accurate brother. It does have the same holes to mount the DDP, Romeo1Pro, and Romeo2 footprint optics, the issue is the “extra” hole in the flat area on rear of the slide where the rear site sits. I can mount my Romeo2 I just don’t like having a hole over my striker assembly. That’s why I was looking for a plate that would cover that area but still allow for the mount. It will probably raise the sight some but I would think that’s better than having an open hole in the rope of the slide. The RomeoM17 solves this issue, but not in the short term.
Thanks though.
Cp
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Actually thats not accurate brother. It does have the same holes to mount the DDP, Romeo1Pro, and Romeo2 footprint optics, the issue is the “extra” hole in the flat area on rear of the slide where the rear site sits. I can mount my Romeo2 I just don’t like having a hole over my striker assembly. That’s why I was looking for a plate that would cover that area but still allow for the mount. It will probably raise the sight some but I would think that’s better than having an open hole in the rope of the slide. The RomeoM17 solves this issue, but not in the short term.
Thanks though.
Cp
View All Quotes

Thanks though.
Cp

I meant the holes that the rear sight plate mount which is the holes used by companies to mount the optic plate to.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

^^^ I’ll second this .
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:

^^^ I’ll second this .
View Quote

Better option for sure.
Cp
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 1:48:35 AM EDT
[#38]

^^^ I’ll second this .
View All Quotes

^^^ I’ll second this .

That’s how I set up my P320-M17.  Sort of modeled it off this supposed upgrade kit.  Sig M18 X conversion kit

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 1:55:46 AM EDT
[#39]

^^^ I’ll second this .
View All Quotes

^^^ I’ll second this .

DEVGRU does use the X Series frame.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

That’s how I set up my P320-M17.  Sort of modeled it off this supposed upgrade kit.  Sig M18 X conversion kit

https://i.imgur.com/sUAZN1u.jpg
View Quote

That looks fantastic
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#41]

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/354/Z9Cjnh.jpg
Cp
View Quote

I don't care for the aftermarket grips at all, except this one. Actually looks good to me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 2:21:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sierra-def] [#42]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

https://i.imgur.com/sUAZN1u.jpg
View Quote

Looks great!

[Edited for wrong emote used]
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Cp
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Recon Marine and a SEAL

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 2:50:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: S-1] [#46]
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Right looks to be a black M17/M18?

TTI magazine plate/extended magazine?
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By doolz:

Right looks to be a black M17/M18?

TTI magazine plate/extended magazine?
View Quote
It's a Glock lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 2:11:01 AM EDT
[#49]
It's a Glock lol
View Quote

Beavertail throws me off on it...
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 10:08:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#50]
Originally Posted By doolz:

Beavertail throws me off on it...
View Quote
Yeah it's just the standard back straps you can add on.

same training event:
Attachment Attached File

An ODA's m17 from spiritus video:
Attachment Attached File

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top