Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 1:31:25 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these?  I think I need one but don't know too much about them.  They are kinda like a single stack 228 aren't they?  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone have one of these?  I think I need one but don't know too much about them.  They are kinda like a single stack 228 aren't they?  Thoughts?

No, No, No, No, NO!!!!

As a friend of mine says, "The 225 is like pulling Excalibur from the rock". The 225 was made just for you. It will feel like the gun you've been shooting for twenty years the first time you pick it up.

The 225 is one of those really near perfect designs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
They are great guns. Easily concealed, and very accurate. You wont be happy with just one either.

ARH
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 3:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
There is an ever so slight difference in the grip contour of the P225 that results in a noticably better feel.  The P228's double stack mag results in a more squared off frame.  While the dimensions are pretty much the same between the two, the P225 is able to "flow" better.  It's the difference between "excellent" (P228) and "perfect" (P225).  Gun wise they are the same, one just hold more bullets.  Gun-in-hand wise the P225 is just a better feeling weapon.

Ross
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]
225 is without question the best of all Sig's. Get one, shoot it, then come on back and tell me I'm wrong, hee hee hee. It's a sweetie.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The great thing about the P225 is that it fits very well in my hands. Compare to the P228 model. I had to change the 228 factory stocks to Houges because I did not like the feel of the stocks in my hands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top