Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/22/2003 4:30:51 PM EDT
ghostinc.zoovy.com/category/50_tactical/

Has anyone tried either the 3.5# or 5#Tactical versions? Getting rid of the trigger overtravel and shortening pull/reset noticably would be nice. The installation seems a little complicated for me, and it seems a little 'too good to be true'. Sounds promising, but I am doubtful... After all this is the Show Me State.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:24:47 AM EDT
I've only known one person who tried it. He was sastified, but I didn't notice much of a difference.

The top Glock trigger smiths put set screws in the trigger bar or trigger housing to limit take up and over travel.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:54:23 AM EDT
I tried it in a G17. The setup was a bit tedious. It took many dremel-fit-test cycles to arrive at a functional setup. When done, the overtravel was minimally less than stock with a OEM 3.5lb. connector.

I traced the problem to the OEM trigger bar bowing to the left during overtravel, which required the Rocket stop pin be ground down further than the small overtravel I was after. This was necessary to guarantee immediate firing pin release on trigger squeeze. The trigger bar bowing was especially bad shooting left-handed.

I consider myself very mechanically inclined. I fudged up the equivalent to the 'orange slide plate', this is mandatory for the fitting phase.

I contacted the owner of Ghost Inc. to see if I did anything wrong. He was a really nice guy, very generous with his time explaining the install, and offered to send me another connector to replace the one I had worked on. I wish him much success, but I sent it back and installed the OEM 3.5lb. connector instead.

He did say the main issue was varying tolerances in the Glock pin locations. Some guns it works better for than others due to this problem. I think a replacement trigger bar would be a big help.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 2:49:38 PM EDT
I installed the 5.0 tactical in my Glock 22. I'd say it's actually more like a 4-4.5 pounds. It doesn't remove takeup or anything but it still feels more crisp than the stock trigger. Over-travel was cut down a good amount, and has made a difference in my shooting and especially others shooting it (who have less experience with it than I do). I don't like set screws because they have a bad habbit of coming loose at the worst times. I didn't buy a Glock to fudge it up and make it 99% instead of 100%. The fitting did take some time, but I have minimal experience in these kinds of things and I did it perfectly. Just take it very slow. I would like to see the peice made out of a bit stronger metal, but that's just the super anal side of me, I'm sure it's more than adequate. I have about 1000 rounds through it since installing it. I used some Mother's Mag and Wheel polish to polish the various trigger, firing pin, etc. parts ONLY WHERE THEY RUB TOGETHER 'til they were mirror-smooth (I could see myself in them). The trigger in it is _very_ nice now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:07:03 PM EDT
I have the 3.5 in my 21 for competion. In order for you to get the maximum use out of it you need to go to the Titanium stryker and lighter trigger spring set. I am actually closer to 2.5 to 3lbs on the trigger and yes, you CAn tell it:)
I would aslo suggest thetungstun guide rod too with uncaged spring. :)
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:38:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2003 7:39:45 AM EDT by wyv3rn]

Originally Posted By xwing:
I have the 3.5 in my 21 for competion. In order for you to get the maximum use out of it you need to go to the Titanium stryker and lighter trigger spring set. I am actually closer to 2.5 to 3lbs on the trigger and yes, you CAn tell it:)
I would aslo suggest thetungstun guide rod too with uncaged spring. :)

This is complete nonsense. You do not need any of this other crap "to get the most out of it". It does exactly what it was intended to do. All this other stuff you listed is your PREFERENCE. Some people use their Glocks for defense, not competition and thus do not want a lighter trigger. 4-5lbs is perfect for defense rolls. Also, I would CERTAINLY NOT EVER EVER EVER put a titanium firing pin in ANY FIREARM WHATSOEVER. Titanium does not hold up AT ALL to hard impacts. They make these for AR15's too and no one buys them. Your firing pin will shatter and crack after a few thousand rounds AT MOST IF YOU ARE LUCKY. That may be fine if you're doing competition and you plan on replacing it fairly often, but certainly not in a defense roll where the pistol has to work 100% of the time.

As for the tungsten guide rod, this may be a good upgrade. It will help keep muzzle flip down as it is heavier than the plastic rod. Also, it won't flex under recoil which is a good thing. Although I've never seen this problem with a glock, if the rod flexes too much under recoil it can keep the firearm from fully-chambering the next round and you could have an out-of-battery situation. Again, I've never seen this on a glock, even severly worn glocks, so I wouldn't worry about it. The spring dies before the rod ever becomes flexible. Also, I am a bit worried about the tungsten rod impacting and wearing on the barrel and slide. I'd rather have a $6 rod/spring to replace than a slide or barrel. Could anyone clear this up for me? If you have a steel or tungsten guide rod does it wear on your barrel or slide at all? Any scuff marks, etc.?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:57:41 AM EDT
Actually sir I respectfully disagree,
I have shot Glocks for 5 yrs now and have done just about as much as you can do to one at one time or another.
As I mentioned earlier, I use My 21 to shootcompetition and those Uprades DO make a noticable difference. The tungstun guide rod allows not only better balance(especially used in concert with the Brass Seattle Slug) but also smooths out slide travel. The springs also affect the trigger rest and pull. I have done these modification to my Glocks so I know what I am saying. I do not reccomend these modifications to a carry gun however ans it does lighten the trigger considerably and might not be the best for carry situations. But to say these additions dont affect the performance is incorrect. I did my modifications one at a time . each time trying to get a little more out of them...and it worked...If you have doubt, check out reccomendations and reviews for trigger upgrade at Glockracing.com...
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:31:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By xwing:
As I mentioned earlier, I use My 21 to shootcompetition and those Uprades DO make a noticable difference.

I never said they didn't, I said they are probably not the best idea for defense purposes. I also said you do not need all the springs and other stuff to "get the most out of the Ghost Rocket". The Ghost Rocket does exactly what it was intended to do. I stated that your lighter trigger pull was PREFERENCE.

The tungstun guide rod allows not only better balance(especially used in concert with the Brass Seattle Slug) but also smooths out slide travel.

These sound like preference (weight ratio) and subjective measurements (smooth slide travel) to me. I never said a Tungsten guide rod wasn't a good idea, infact I said it helps to reduce muzzle flip. This makes recoil FEEL smoother. The guide rod itself doesn't actually guide anything except the recoil spring.

The springs also affect the trigger rest and pull. I have done these modification to my Glocks so I know what I am saying. I do not reccomend these modifications to a carry gun however ans it does lighten the trigger considerably and might not be the best for carry situations.

You are repeating what I said.

But to say these additions dont affect the performance is incorrect.

I never said they didn't, I said they wouldn't be desireable in all situations and are up to the shooter's preference.

I did my modifications one at a time.

Good, that's how you're supposed to do it.

each time trying to get a little more out of them...and it worked...If you have doubt, check out reccomendations and reviews for trigger upgrade at Glockracing.com...

Server seems to be down. There are numerous websites and forums for Glock information. While you're at it, check out:

http://www.glockmeister.com/advisory.shtml
^^ look @ #3.

http://www.glockparts.com/pages/934037/
^^ titanium firing pins at the top, a bit on metal guide rods at the bottom.

http://www.glockfaq.com/idpa.htm
^^ search for the text "titanium"

http://www.rangemaster.com/newsletter/July2003NEWS.PDF
^^ search for the text "titanium"

http://www.fulton-armory.com/QMI.htm
^^ AR15 titanium firing pin problems as well!

And there are countless other's, just do a search or two on google!
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:13:44 PM EDT
lol, Ok dude , I misunderstood you.
I thought you were saying they didnt make a difference. Yes you are correct it is my preferance to add these to lighten trigger as much as possible and we both agree this setup is not good for CCW weapons.
As to the web sites, I've been to all but 2 of them on a regular basis. Most of my parts come from Glockmiester and Glockworks.
lol I order so much stuff, when they get a new item they go ahead and ship it to me and bill my account!...lol
Top Top