Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/4/2006 3:43:01 PM EDT
I've been waiting for a 30 w/a rail to show up locally. I could have gotten it months ago for about $550 online, but the wait paid off, $475 w/adj sights.

I think I did pretty well.

Its new home will be in my vehicle... the 21 was too big for the limited console space. Now the 21 can stay on my nightstand full-time.

The M3 fits the 30 too, sweet.

Not that I would...but I could!

Have a good one!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:28:12 PM EDT
I love my 30, such a great weapon. Recoil is VERY manageable too.

Virtually slips away with my comptac and a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:27:25 PM EDT
Not gonna carry it?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:54:06 AM EDT
--Cool!

what kinda hi-hi-cap mags are those? do they work fine?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:10:25 PM EDT
The mags are Scherer 27 rnd. I have heard that the quality has been spotty in the past, but I have had these 2 for about a year now. I keep both fully loaded all the time and have shot them six times each. Not one malfunction yet.

One word of caution, I dropped a fully loaded one awhile back and the baseplate came off. The spring shot across the room and rounds rolled everywhere.

As far as functioning at the range, no problems.

Have a good one!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:02:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By timothy585:
The mags are Scherer 27 rnd. I have heard that the quality has been spotty in the past, but I have had these 2 for about a year now. I keep both fully loaded all the time and have shot them six times each. Not one malfunction yet.

One word of caution, I dropped a fully loaded one awhile back and the baseplate came off. The spring shot across the room and rounds rolled everywhere.

Have a good one!

thanks! i'll keep my eye out for em (again)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 4:29:16 PM EDT by timothy585]

Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:

Originally Posted By timothy585:

Have a good one!

thanks! i'll keep my eye out for em (again)

Here's where I got mine last year, but damn, the price must have gone up. I don't remember paying 90 bucks for the two. Also, they now list them as 25 rnd, mine hold 27. Go figure.

www.topglock.com/catalog/mags.htm
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:23:10 PM EDT
Wish I had never sold my G30
going to pick up a new one if I can
Top Top