Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 3:44:24 PM EDT by hispeedal2]
I am thinking of getting the small dot tritium sight for my G30. I am just concerned about the quality of the tritium in the sight. I recently had a bad experience with a set of PT night sights that went out after a year- no glow. Anyone ever had any trouble with the 24/7 sights? Are they as bright as Trijicon's (they are the standard by which I judge all night sights)?

ETA: I was thining of changing the sights myself. I found this website: membres.lycos.fr/shooter/glock/hg701.html

It seems easy enough. Anyone have any tips? Tools I should buy?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:07:22 PM EDT
If you are judging against the Trijicon set, then go ahead and spend the extra 15-25 bucks and get them. That way, you won't lose any sleep about having second-guessed yourself.

Going on 5 years on my 30, and they look as bright as the set I put on my 21 last year. My compact ACOG seems to be holding up pretty well on my AR as well. Damn goood equipment.

My .02

Have a good one!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:20:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By timothy585:
If you are judging against the Trijicon set, then go ahead and spend the extra 15-25 bucks and get them. That way, you won't lose any sleep about having second-guessed yourself.

Going on 5 years on my 30, and they look as bright as the set I put on my 21 last year. My compact ACOG seems to be holding up pretty well on my AR as well. Damn goood equipment.

My .02

Have a good one!

So you put the 24/7 on your 30? Sorry, just need a little clarification.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:24:30 PM EDT
I've had AO Expres 24/7 (now called PT sights) on my SIG and I despised it.

At 12-15 yds, it's ok and sight pickup is extremely fast.
At 15+ yds, the sight accuracy is way past the limit.

I installed them myself. Really easy. I think they came with plastic drifting set.

Do I recommend? No.

Would I buy the big dot sight again? No.

Good thing I experimented, though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:20:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Graziani:
I've had AO Expres 24/7 (now called PT sights) on my SIG and I despised it.

At 12-15 yds, it's ok and sight pickup is extremely fast.
At 15+ yds, the sight accuracy is way past the limit.

I installed them myself. Really easy. I think they came with plastic drifting set.

Do I recommend? No.

Would I buy the big dot sight again? No.

Good thing I experimented, though.

This is similar to some of the reviews that I have read. I would like to retain the ability to shoot 25M+ accurately. On 24/7 's website, they have a video of long distance shooting, but most people's reviews (on the net- take it for what it's worth) say that accuracy at distance is harder.

Anyone else vouch for or against?

Is 24/7 really owned by PT? If so, that is enough to turn me away with my past experience.

And lastly, anyone tried changing out their Glock sights? Any issues I need to know about doing so? Any handy tools to have?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:59:24 AM EDT
If you are interested in the Ashley XS 24/7 Big dots.. look here...

getoffthex.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/962106881/m/7481095021

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:16:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lancelot:
If you are interested in the Ashley XS 24/7 Big dots.. look here...

getoffthex.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/962106881/m/7481095021

Uh...
I need to open an email account just to register there. Can you give me the info in a nutshell?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:00:17 AM EDT
Top Top