Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 12:26:39 PM EDT
wanted to put a set of steel sites on the GLOCK, never done one before.

so when they say "screw-on" front sight, is it just that simple, a screw-driver?? size?

I got a P500 Universal Sight Tool I plan on using for the rear sight, should be ok (did fine with the Sigs sights)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The metal night sights I've put on Glocks use a hex head (tool end is like a regular socket or nut driver), not a screwdriver. Glock makes a tool that fits the screw. I'm sure there are other sources for similar tools though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock front sights are secured by a 3/16" nut, so you need a 3/16" nut dirver.  Your sight tool is fine for most Glock rear sights, but will not work on a factory fixed sight nor a Trijicon rear sight, unless you have some type of an angled pusher.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Glock front sights are secured by a 3/16" nut, so you need a 3/16" nut dirver.  Your sight tool is fine for most Glock rear sights, but will not work on a factory fixed sight nor a Trijicon rear sight, unless you have some type of an angled pusher.

I've wondered how a nut driver would work for the sight screw. The head of the nut is super thin. As long as the nut driver isn't beveled at the opening I guess it should work. If it has much of a bevel at the opening of the drive hole I wonder if it would even grip the screw head. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used regular nut drivers with no problems, but, those nifty combination tools are nice to have on the bench.  

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=16724&title=ULTIMATE+ARMORER'S+TOOL+for+GLOCK%7e
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Your sight tool is fine for most Glock rear sights, but will not work on a factory fixed sight nor a Trijicon rear sight, unless you have some type of an angled pusher.

I would have to take the factory rear sight off first.. the P500 comes with 2 adaptors, one round and one square..  anyone know if they make an adapter for GLOCK "angled" sights??
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The easy way to get a free front sight tool is to buy Ameriglo sights.  They include one with each set of sights.

You shouldn't have a problem using the straight walled adapter for the angled sights, provided it clears the slide, and contacts the sight fairly low.  The sights are strong enough to be pushed on with the straight adapter.  I would just put a piece of paper between the press and the sight to keep from marring it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top