Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 3:41:27 PM EDT
So I've been fairly happy with the standard Glock sights, but I recently figured out how easy it would be for the front sight to come loose. So I guess it's time to look at new sights.

After doing a bit of reading, it seems like my best options at the Meprolight direct replacement (readily available, relatively cheap and straightforward), Heinie Race Slant Pro (ATAS), and the XS big dot (uhhh, it has a big dot). I'm wondering if anyone can provide pics of the sight pictures of each better than the ones on the various company websites along with any pros or cons to each.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure HotRod9mm will be along with pictures shortly. In the meantime you're welcome to check out my G19 with Mepros. Buy them from The Armory and get free installation, often while you wait.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a crappy picture of a set of my meps.  I like them because they are bright and a little cheaper than trijicons.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here is a crappy picture of a set of my meps.  I like them because they are bright and a little cheaper than trijicons.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/Researcher/P3200002.jpg

Much quicker sight picture in light as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]
If you like the stock sights, just place your slide upside on a table putting pressure on the front sight, and use a small screwdriver to more deeply set the little pin that spreads the legs holding the sight on.  It will most likely not come loose again.

I used to install night sights on all my Glocks but since buying some non-sights, I have decided that is a waste of money.  Unless you like to see your gun on the nightstand in the dark.  If you are using your gun in a night time defensive situation, it is most likely going to be at such a close distance, you are not going to have the time or the space to line up your sights anyway.  And if you lining them up by the glow alone, that means it is too dark to see your target and you shouldn't be shooting anyway, if you can't see your target.

I bought the Ameriglo combat sights and am very pleased with them.  I am also going to try the Warren Tactical Sevigny carry sights.  The Ameriglo's were $40 delivered and I think the Warren's will be about $55 delivered.    
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I like Warren sight (w/Warren cut) with a front night sight like here on my Glock 31.

L to R, G31, G34, G17  The G34 has a Warren rear and Dawson FO front and the G17 has a Sevigny cut Warren rear with a night sight front.  The rear notches are wide like race cut Heinie.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top