Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 4:50:22 PM EDT
    Alright fellas I have finally caved Im coming to the Darkside to try a little Glock Kool-aid.have.   Anyway my question is should I pay to get the comped version to help tame the recoil and help with quick accurate follow up shots or not.  Im assuming that the recoil will be a little worse than my friends .357, right?  

I am also getting my ccl as soon as the paper work goes thru and was wandering if any of you carried a full sized glock as a ccw and if so what kind of holster and clothes do you wear.  I'm a big guy 6'2'' 235 lbs any suggestions?

Thanks
Adamhug.gif
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I am pondering on purchasing a G20c also

if you are gonna spend the money for a new weapon dont jip yourself and try to save $40 and not have a comp version, the 10mm is a very powerful round and you should use the compensator exspecialy if you are gonna carry this weapon and rely on it for defense, most  self defense shots dont allow you to draw your weapon and take cafeul aim let alone adrenalin affects you want your weapon to proform for you not the other way around spend the extra money and be happy

by the way hope you like the dark side
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The "C" has little or no affect on recoil, it does however reduce muzzle rise(flip). If you want to tame the recoil some on the G20 do what I did and get a SS guide rod and a ISMI #22 recoil spring. That it the same setup Ted Nugent runs in all of his G20s. Nice thing about the "C" model is you can swap out the barrel to a non "C", you can't go the other way.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys I think I'll get the comped version.  Now what about concealed carry? Anbody have any ideas?

Adam
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
First off, it's ported--not compensated. Didn't translate well from German, evidentally.

Ported barrels are bad ju ju for a self-defense gun that may be fired from retention, or in close quarters.

The 10mm is a loud round. More so with the ports.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Consider this...

The ported version creates a flash on the top of the slide in night shooting which will hinder your night vision.  

I do not know this from experience but my firearms instructor submitted that for to ponder.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]

The ported version creates a flash on the top of the slide in night shooting which will hinder your night vision.

Not!
Well after 7-8rds I start to see spots but can still see my target and NS. Carry ammo has a flash retardant to help with low light shooting.    
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Obviously you people that like the ported G20 don't shoot it without hearing protection very often.  If you shoot it a couple times without hearing protection you will swap out the barrel for a standard one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 for what LAV said.  Ported guns are noticebly louder.  Not my cup of tea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top