Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:00:44 PM EDT
honestly i hated glocks for the longest time. maybe its just me but the first glock i shot was a 17 then i shot a 23 and i didnt care for them to much....so i bought a 1911 but now i have the need for a concealable weapon so i thought id give glock one last try and i shot the 19. i was very suprized and i loved it but the only problem is that i dont get that conforting feeling by carrying a 9mm. i looked at the 36 and like it to but the grip is to short. is there any parts i could buy that would extend the grip of a 36. or is there any other model i should consider
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a G23C with trijicons and a 3.5 lbs connector.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  

If I didn't carry a G23, I would carry a G19 and not think twice about it.  9mm is fine.

Welcome to Glock, we've been expecting you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
You might try the G38, same frame size as the G19 but the slide is a little fatter.  I don't have a problem finding ammo either here on the dry side of the state.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
oh no dont think ive gone off the deep end for glocks....if i was in a hurry i would go straight to my kimber. i think ill give the 19 a try, do m17 mags work in the m19 or is there anything i could get to increase the mag size of the m19. the m38 seems appealing but i dont want to have to worry about mixing up ammo cuz i already have a 45acp
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry a Glock 36 off-duty. Yes you can by mag extensions for the G36. It will also add one to your mag count. It's a very comfortable pistol for conceal carry. Im not sure of the name of the company that makes the mag extensions, but you can find them on topglock.com. May I also suggest Night Sights.

Keep an open mind. Many people on this forum have very strong brand loyality. Glock is a very reliable pistol and the 36 model is a good choice for conceal carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top