Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:00:44 PM EDT
honestly i hated glocks for the longest time. maybe its just me but the first glock i shot was a 17 then i shot a 23 and i didnt care for them to much....so i bought a 1911 but now i have the need for a concealable weapon so i thought id give glock one last try and i shot the 19. i was very suprized and i loved it but the only problem is that i dont get that conforting feeling by carrying a 9mm. i looked at the 36 and like it to but the grip is to short. is there any parts i could buy that would extend the grip of a 36. or is there any other model i should consider
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:23:29 PM EDT
I carry a G23C with trijicons and a 3.5 lbs connector. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

If I didn't carry a G23, I would carry a G19 and not think twice about it. 9mm is fine.

Welcome to Glock, we've been expecting you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:08:40 AM EDT
You might try the G38, same frame size as the G19 but the slide is a little fatter. I don't have a problem finding ammo either here on the dry side of the state.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:12:04 PM EDT
oh no dont think ive gone off the deep end for glocks....if i was in a hurry i would go straight to my kimber. i think ill give the 19 a try, do m17 mags work in the m19 or is there anything i could get to increase the mag size of the m19. the m38 seems appealing but i dont want to have to worry about mixing up ammo cuz i already have a 45acp
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:17:45 PM EDT
I carry a Glock 36 off-duty. Yes you can by mag extensions for the G36. It will also add one to your mag count. It's a very comfortable pistol for conceal carry. Im not sure of the name of the company that makes the mag extensions, but you can find them on topglock.com. May I also suggest Night Sights.

Keep an open mind. Many people on this forum have very strong brand loyality. Glock is a very reliable pistol and the 36 model is a good choice for conceal carry.
Top Top