Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 5:14:27 PM EDT
I have a glock 21, I want to get a slide extention. what kind of tiggers are out there? or the best sights for the money. my glock is stock right now. any links or ideas are very welcome.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
a stock glock is far from basic
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks I know glocks are good pistols the way they are, but I want to make it better. I'm going to take mine into combat(if the CO will allow) I don't turst those M-9 pistols nor the 9mm round. (after my tour in afganhistan) I  knew if my gun (machine gun) would ever fali me I would rely on a side arm. I want it to be a glock.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd suggest homeboy nyte sights.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:23:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thanks I know glocks are good pistols the way they are, but I want to make it better. I'm going to take mine into combat(if the CO will allow) I don't turst those M-9 pistols nor the 9mm round. (after my tour in afganhistan) I  knew if my gun (machine gun) would ever fali me I would rely on a side arm. I want it to be a glock.

Your CO will probably not allow it.

The 21 will run best stock. All you need is mags, ammo, a good holster, and night sights. For sights you can use Meprolights, Trijicons, or Heinie's. The Ashley 24x7 big dots are nice too.

Use only factory magazines.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 3 scherer mags that have a 15 rd cap. I just got them and seem ok, still have not got the chance to test them. you don't recommend at trigger job?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#6]
i would stick to factory glock mags
i prefer mepro night sights
if you wanna lighten the trigger go with the ghost 3.5

other than that keep it clean and stock with no worries
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]
when i was with 2nd battalion 6th mar (2/6) I saw a few of the marines of 2/8 had authorization from the regmential CO to carry "unauthorized weapons" but as I was told, they had to get the weapon inspected, approved by their chain of command, plus demonstrate the saftey of the weapon. as the story a lot of LCPL's went out and bought every firearm out on town, but because of the masses, the CO only apporved staff NCO's and officers. if we get approval it will be only for TO weapons, meaning if you are issued a sidearm then you can replace it with approval. nothing has been passed down on it, but it looks good so far. I think I'll go with the ghost 3.5 and nite sights. I'll ditch the 15 rd mags and get the 13rd glock ones. thanks for all the info and advice!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#8]
A bigger question would be:  

If you're allowed to take one, will they let you bring it back with you when you return? I've read several stories that troops have been taking personal sidearms over to the sandbox with the C.O.s approval, but when they get ready to return, they are not allowed to due to re-importation laws.hat
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks for the warning, I'll express the concern to the other marines, but there are ways of getting stuff back. quadcon trailers are best method, they are inspected by marines for marines(we watch out for our own) s-3 would hook up a fellow grunt. the s-3 brought back a host of stuff  from afhganistan inculding old firearms. I would say those troopers that had that issue didn't get the heads up like i just did, plus there chain of command failed them, I know my captain would find away,even  if it meant breaking the rules. SEMPER FI! I would also like to add, that importation laws need to be revised for this type of thing, you know the law should read, when defending your country should be able to bring back the firearms that you leave with.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
thanks for the warning, I'll express the concern to the other marines, but there are ways of getting stuff back. quadcon trailers are best method, they are inspected by marines for marines(we watch out for our own) s-3 would hook up a fellow grunt. the s-3 brought back a host of stuff  from afhganistan inculding old firearms. I would say those troopers that had that issue didn't get the heads up like i just did, plus there chain of command failed them, I know my captain would find away,even  if it meant breaking the rules. SEMPER FI! I would also like to add, that importation laws need to be revised for this type of thing, you know the law should read, when defending your country should be able to bring back the firearms that you leave with.

You'll be playing with fire.  Is bringing back a 500 dollar gun worth your freedom?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I Still  own a G21 that I bought brand new  in 1991...
I went thru alot of this and that...and now I'm back to a stock trigger...stock 13rounders....and trijicon night sights...Green front yellow rears...
Some items compromised relability...Like the 2 plus round floor plates....3.5 connector..Its not a 1911 and never will be..All of my best shooting has been with a factory trigger.....
Titanuim parts wore out and stock OEM was never any ISSUE..
I've got over 50,000 rounds thru my piece and could of had more if I simply spent my money on ammo instead of useless do-dads...
IMHO a stock glock with Night sights ,a stack of 13rnd mags and a pile of ammo is all you really need
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top