Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 12:14:09 PM EDT
Finally

Out of town at the inlaws for the weekend. Took a ride into town for a coffee and a stop at the pawn shop.

Paroozing the counters and the wall of guns - there it was - in all it's glory!!

Brand new G20 with the OD Green frame. I really like the OD Green frames, i have no idea why. Asked the guy if he would take $540.00 for it, was asking $585.00 and he laughed and then said "sure, what the hell" Cant wait to get it out to the range next week.

brand new, standard sights, OD Green, 2 hi cap mags, and thats about it.....

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:30:27 PM EDT
So where are the pics?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:56:43 PM EDT
hah - i figured that was coming. I am absolutely clueless on the picture thing. That's my wifes camera and even if i did get a photo of it i would be lost from there.

maybe somebody could post a new OD green G20 for me?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:24:49 AM EDT
OD Green......hell yeah! Congrats.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:19:44 AM EDT
Awesome! I like the OD green Glocks.

My G21 is black, wanted OD for my G20, but found a good deal on a black one with night sights instead. It's alright though, I got an OD green G17 coming in tomorrow, hell yeah.

Enjoy your OD G20, that's a great find, now post some pics.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:22:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:43:21 AM EDT
Thanks guys

DT Ammo order going tomorrow - I dont even know where to start with loadings etc. I think i'm going to get a variety to start and shoot some off a rest.

Feeding this thing is going to be a bitch but I'll shoot sparingly and save the blasting for the other irons in the range bag...

I apologize for being such a turd with posting pics. I have a digital camera - when I get home I'll see what I can do...

The more I look at the OD Green which almost looks like desert tanish od something the more I like it..

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:24:24 PM EDT
You want the 135gr. hollowpoint at 1600fps. Its awesome.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:20:12 PM EDT
I might get to shoot a G20 for the first time next week, it's also in OD green FWIW. Great looking

pistol. I've never shot a 10mm. How does it compare to a G21 recoil wise? I hope I don't

like it too much or I'll have to go buy one of the things.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:56:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sabre_kc:
I might get to shoot a G20 for the first time next week, it's also in OD green FWIW. Great looking

pistol. I've never shot a 10mm. How does it compare to a G21 recoil wise? I hope I don't

like it too much or I'll have to go buy one of the things

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:42:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 7:44:53 PM EDT by gm2376]
The 20 is a sweet gun, have had one for about a year....only thing that sucks is the cost of the ammo....but for the power its worth it....i took down a doe with the six inch barrel.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:50:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gm2376:
The 20 is a sweet gun, have had one for about a year....only thing that sucks is the cost of the ammo....but for the power its worth it....i took down a doe with the six inch barrel.

thanks GM

I have been thinking about that 6in barrel. What type of sights are you using for hunting.

My first trip to the range was discouraging. I need some more practice with the Glock before i feel comfortable hunting with her. I shot rings around myself with the USP Tac in .45. Wondering if the target sights will help out? I have anther thread in Glock re: sights and accuracy upgrades....thanks SC
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:20:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SamColt:

Originally Posted By gm2376:

thanks GM

I have been thinking about that 6in barrel. What type of sights are you using for hunting.

My first trip to the range was discouraging. I need some more practice with the Glock before i feel comfortable hunting with her. I shot rings around myself with the USP Tac in .45. Wondering if the target sights will help out? I have anther thread in Glock re: sights and accuracy upgrades....thanks SC

I have some trijcon night sights on it now, and i just ordered the the new crimson trace laser sights that came out for the glocks
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:14:11 PM EDT

+1
I've never shot a 10mm. How does it compare to a G21 recoil wise? I have shot the G21
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:06:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By James00:

+1
I've never shot a 10mm. How does it compare to a G21 recoil wise? I have shot the G21

I dont really notice a big difference. Maybe a bit "sharper" recoil if that makes sense?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:57:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By James00:

+1

I just shot a friend's 21 at the range last Saturday. Very light compared to the G30.
EZ, EZ recoil for a 45. Keep in mind I shoot a LOT of 10mm.
I guess that big azz hunk-o-plastic absorbs all the energy.
My 20& 29 are wee bit flippy but certainly do able. I really like the G21 now
Top Top