Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/16/2006 8:53:04 PM EDT
Hey, I tried searching but didn't have much luck. I know I've seen these questions several yimes though.

I'm looking for a holster for my G19. I will primarily be using it just to keep it accessible while at the range and maybe eventually using it to practice transitioning from rifle to side arm. Nothing too serious.

I will be getting my concealed carry license in a year or so and would want an IWB holster then but I'm not sure if I should go ahead and get an IWB now just for the range or if an OWB holster would be more comfortable/convenient.

And yes, once I get closer to getting my concealed carry license I will buy an IWB holster (if I don't already have it) and use it for pactice to become familiar with it.

Your thoughts, experiences, brand choices, etc. appreciated!!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:13:43 PM EDT
Comptac
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:26:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2006 2:27:16 PM EDT by CTKurt]
www.pistolpacking.com
Great guy. I just ordered the paddle. It got great reviews in a recent tactical weapons magazine. It holds the weapon close to your body but is readily accessible. Ill do a review when i get it..2 week turnaround.
I ordered the canted kydex in OD green to match the OD Glock 19 going in it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:43:53 PM EDT
3 of my friends and myself all carry Glock 19's and the Milt Sparks Summer Special II IWB holster is our preference. 2 of us are bone thin and the other 2 are a little thicker. None have problems concealing with normal dress, and we all find it very comfortable. What ever you do, make sure you get one with belt loop snaps, not a clip as it makes it much easier to remove should you need to.

As far as the range, I would reccomend a paddle style kydex. Easy to put on/take off without dicking with a belt.

Doc
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:07:07 PM EDT
Threat Solutions UCR. It is the most comfortable, most concealable, and fastest holster I have ever used. I have been carrying my G19 in a UCR for a year and I will nver use another holster. Trust me, just get the holster and you will thank me later.

www.threatsolutions.com

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:36:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By triburst1:
Threat Solutions UCR. It is the most comfortable, most concealable, and fastest holster I have ever used. I have been carrying my G19 in a UCR for a year and I will nver use another holster. Trust me, just get the holster and you will thank me later.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/glock35.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/Glock20rear20jeans.jpg

www.threatsolutions.com

That does look nice. I just checked out the website. I'll definately keep this one in mind as I get closer to getting my CHL.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:52:57 PM EDT
If you plan to get an IWB for concealed carry, I would recommend going with that from the start. Milt Sparks is very hard to beat, but I have a Galco for my G33 and a DeSantis for my G30 that I like too.

In an emergency, you do what you were trained to do, so I would go IWB now and train with it until you have your concealed permit. The fewer variables the better.
Top Top