Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 11:36:00 AM EDT
Was at my local range today and saw a G30 and decided to rent it. Put 50 rounds through it, and it was DEAD on, great shooting weapon, man I loved it. I'm thinking about trading in my Bersa for it and making it my primary carry weapon.

They did not have any in stock, but said he could order one with stock sights for $550. The sights on the one I shot were Ashley Express sights i think, I took a look at the stock ones and my god they are UGLY, they look like they just suck.

I really want this pistol, but I do not like the fact that I might have to buy new sights with it because the stock ones suck

So the question is, do they suck as bad as they look? What are good replacement sights?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The G30 as a rule is an exceptionally good shooting accurate pistol. If you were shooting well with Ashley 24/7 sights, especially the big dot sights, you should have no problem shooting as good with the factory sights.

Get the pistol, shoot it, then decide at that point if you want or need different sights.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have green/green Meprolights on my G30, G19, G17, etc.  They are brighter than the Trijicon inserts and warrantied for 12 years.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
if its going to be a carry gun, then you might as well replace the sights w/ some nights....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one that I sometimes use for CCW, and it does shoot pretty good.

I still need to replace the stock sights though, cant stand them myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top