Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 6:16:54 PM EDT
Well, finally purchased my first pistol. After a long period of indicision between an HK USP, Sig P226, and the Glock 17, I went with a Glock 17 OD Green. My reason? We already own an HK USP9SD, as well as a handful of Sig's, and no Glocks.

And they're alright pistols, anyway  

Anyway, my initial impression was that it's built like a tank. Disassembly takes two seconds and a squeeze of the trigger. Speaking of the trigger, it's alright, out of the box. I've got a Ghost Rocket 3.5lb connector sitting here, waiting to be installed, but I'll hit the range before I cross that bridge.

Grip angle, the biggest gripe of all anti-Glock's, turned out to be alright. I'd only fingerf**ked one glock before, and for about 10 seconds, so I didn't really have a very good jist of the gun before I bought it. Resalability is just fine, though, in the event that I didn't like it.

The pistol was purchased from Police Ordnance, as I've got an LE friend to work out the logistics for me. Suckers.

Pistol came with Trijicon Day/Night tritium sights installed, as well as the standard two factory 10 round magazines, in the lockable hardcase. Straight out of the box, a Jentra grip plug was installed, along with a T.H.E. Extended Magazine Release (Seeing as my brownells order showed up about 20 minutes prior), with the Ghost 3.5lb connector and the orange plate not too far behind. An AroTek extended slide stop was also installed, but only after discovering that we ordered the wrong one. Brownells didn't specify that the "1001" model was for OLD Glock 17's (Two pin), but rather just said "Glock 17". They left out the little extra description on the "1003", which says, after all the other glock models it's for, "3 pin Glock 17".

Bastards.

Anyway, it took two seconds with some cutters and a file to fix that problem. Apparently, though, the two pin slide stop is just a hair longer than the new three pin design, so some spring issues HAVE sprung up. But, those cases are few and far between; not an issue unless I'm unlucky.

Range trip is this Friday, so I'll give a nice lo-down on how she shoots then.

Oh, and she came to $836.23 all together, tax and shipping in. Work out how much Trijicon Tritium sights are, and add on $100 for having the OD Green frame model, and you've got a wicked sweet deal, let me tell you.

What do you guys think? I think I did alright, for someone who never really had anything good to say about Glocks.

Oh, and the best price I've seen for factory 10 round magazines is $16.50 over on GlockTalk.  Is there anyone who can one up that price?  I'm looking for five magazines..

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice piece.....Enjoy!!

I like my G17 a lot!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice! Be sure to follow up with a range report
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice Colombia River pig sticker too.......
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#5]
The OD frame shouldn't cost you any more money than the blac!  if you paid more, it is because it is a marketing scam by your dealer!  Nice looking piece though.  I probably have some 10 rounders lying around here somewhere.  If I do, I'll give you a good deal on them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#6]
You can get new 17 round magazins for hte same price. CDNN has them for 16.99, here is there link: http://www.cdnnsports.com/
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Good choice. Check out LoneWolf for all kinds of Glock goodness.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice gun but I think you got ripped off bad!  Check out topglock.com for a more relistic price.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nice gun but I think you got ripped off bad!  Check out topglock.com for a more relistic price.  

Notice that he is in Canada.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice gun. I have the G19 in OD green. Try sliding an innertube fromm a bicycle over the grip for a nice cheap tacky grip. If you dont like it it was only 2 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Chinook:

PM Replied

17 rounders are all fine and good, but in Canada magazines are restricted to 10 rounds in pistols.

I think the Glock's as pimped as it's going to get.  I might look at a steel guiderod down the line.  Pro's/con's?

Mags, a SureFire X200B, and an HSGI Holster are all that's coming her way in the New Year.

$836 is a fantastic price, actually.  Because of the limited number of Green Framed pistols in Canada, they DO cost more, when you can find them.  Resale is higher too .  To put it into perspective, a regular black G17 can be found for $799 new, and that's the best price I've found in Canada yet (Other than where I got mine.).  For $799, you get two mags, the case, and the gun, that's it, all before tax.  Where I got my G17, it was (I think) $760 for the OD Green G17, two mags, and Trijicon Day/Night sights, installed.  Sweet deal.

Regardless, I love the gun, took her out to the range today.  200 rounds of Winchester white box, and no malfunctions.  I limp-wristed her to see if I could get a hiccup, but no joy.  I think I'm in love.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Chinook:

PM Replied

17 rounders are all fine and good, but in Canada magazines are restricted to 10 rounds in pistols.

I think the Glock's as pimped as it's going to get.  I might look at a steel guiderod down the line.  Pro's/con's?

Mags, a SureFire X200B, and an HSGI Holster are all that's coming her way in the New Year.

$836 is a fantastic price, actually.  Because of the limited number of Green Framed pistols in Canada, they DO cost more, when you can find them.  Resale is higher too .  To put it into perspective, a regular black G17 can be found for $799 new, and that's the best price I've found in Canada yet (Other than where I got mine.).  For $799, you get two mags, the case, and the gun, that's it, all before tax.  Where I got my G17, it was (I think) $760 for the OD Green G17, two mags, and Trijicon Day/Night sights, installed.  Sweet deal.

Regardless, I love the gun, took her out to the range today.  200 rounds of Winchester white box, and no malfunctions.  I limp-wristed her to see if I could get a hiccup, but no joy.  I think I'm in love.

That's gotta suck!  $799 for a Glock!  Down here in the sunny south, $799 would get an OD 17, The SureFire, and probably a box of ammo!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#14]
LEO price for the G-17 here in NC is $397 and some change OD or black. And it comes with 3 mags.  It's a shame you all have to pay that high a price.  Of course I guess you are lucky to be able to get one at all from what I hear about the Canadian government.  

And things here in the states aren't all that good.  I am perfectly legal with what I have in my safe in NC, but would probably be a felon in 5 other commie states, and quite a few cities.

Enjoy that Glock....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top