Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm picking up a G48 tomorrow and received a Black Arch Protos-M holster today.

Time will tell, but I think I'm going to like this holster better than my Comptac MTAC's and Stealthgear Ventcore's.

Untitled by Adam C, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish someone would start making a holster to accommodate the LaserMax Centerfire light on the 48.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That is great news, I have a full 43 carry setup that includes a Vanguard and just ordered a 43x frame yesterday off of Gunbroker
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone tried to use a 43x or 48 in the Alien Gear tuck cloak 3.5 built for a G43?  with a TLR6 ?

Im about to order one and if it does not fit I will heat it up first or worst case  make a custom kydex shell for it since they dont.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BMGisbetter:
Has anyone tried to use a 43x or 48 in the Alien Gear tuck cloak 3.5 built for a G43?  with a TLR6 ?

Im about to order one and if it does not fit I will heat it up first or worst case  make a custom kydex shell for it since they dont.
View Quote
I swapped for a 43 w TLR6 shell and it fits my 43x w/ TLR6
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ber92:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ber92:
Originally Posted By BMGisbetter:

figures.....I ordered it and if i have to cut or heat it , so be it. New shells are only 15 bucks if I goof it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Henry Holsters

Link Posted: 6/5/2019 11:36:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ban-hater] [#8]
The Raven Morrigan is nice if IWB is your thing.

Click here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#9]
My first spear is as nice as any holster I’ve seen. Think tap rack makes them. 43x fits fine.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 6:06:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LastRites] [#10]
Complete Weapons Solutions did me a one off proto-type using the Utili-clip XL, very nice and adjustable if needed! Thank you Flashooter!

Link Posted: 6/5/2019 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess I’m still old school.  I’m still looking for a quality 3 slot leather with a thumb snap for my 43x.
For my larger Glocks, I use the Desantis 3 slot...
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 10:03:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frntsyt] [#12]
Oops...double...
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 12:31:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Holes] [#13]
Originally Posted By LastRites:
Complete Weapons Solutions did me a one off proto-type using the Utili-clip XL, very nice and adjustable if needed! Thank you Flashooter!

https://i.imgur.com/vs8mCpS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EFpPqNT.jpg?1
View Quote
What’s the Ulti Clip?

Looks like you could pound nails tough.
@LastRites
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#14]
So who has used the Vanguard and how does it compare to a incog?

I could never get the incog quite right.

Almost but not quite.

I’ve dropped 20 pounds and I’m looking at 10 more, from 215 to hopefully 185.
So I’m thinking maybe trying AIWB one more time with the Vanguard. Without the holster bulk it looks like a good possibility.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 5:32:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LastRites] [#15]
Originally Posted By Holes:
What’s the Ulti Clip?

@LastRites
View All Quotes

What’s the Ulti Clip?

@LastRites
It's simply a clip that somewhat locks into place, still running it though it's paces as I've only had this one about a week or so.  It seems to be pretty much as advertised, since it is made of stamped spring type steel it had a few sort of sharp edges that I deburred with a small file and sandpaper then hit with cold blue.  I am liking it so far and at this point would buy another,
ulticlip xl
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#16]
It's simply a clip that somewhat locks into place, still running it though it's paces as I've only had this one about a week or so.  It seems to be pretty much as advertised, since it is made of stamped spring type steel it had a few sort of sharp edges that I deburred with a small file and sandpaper then hit with cold blue.  I am liking it so far and at this point would buy another,
ulticlip xl
View All Quotes

What’s the Ulti Clip?

@LastRites
ulticlip xl
Nice.
I’ve only ever broken one plastic belt clip on a holster, but it’s inconvenient as hell when it does happen.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Nice.
I’ve only ever broken one plastic belt clip on a holster, but it’s inconvenient as hell when it does happen.
View Quote
I've had a couple slip on draw using one particular leather 1.5" belt I have that is close to 1/4" thick.  Retention is very good with the XL, being a picky sob I hadn't decided if it's staying on this one yet but time will tell.  The CWS holster is comfy though and the 48 rides very well in it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Chris_C:
I am looking for an OWB paddle, like a Fobus that I currently own and use..but I would like it to fit aG43 with aTLR6. Now huge profile stupid Blackhawk types either, I am open to  leather with a tumb break or some form of positive retention.

I HATE IWBs..not an option for me.
View Quote
@Chris_C

Necropost

Vedder has exactly what you are looking for.

Vedder
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Just an fyi....

Alien gear did not have a kydex shell for my combination...

(43x with TLR6)

So I ordered the 43 version with tlr6.

It required a little heating and adjusting but was 90% right out the box. Now it is 100% after about 30 min fiddling with it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I got a We the People paddle holster for my 43x.

Feels and fits great for my needs.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#21]
This is the one I have, I haven't seen it mentioned.

https://clingerholsters.com/product/v3-stingray-holster/
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:19:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Don Hume is the one I got for my G/48 , the open top ,perfect form fit . also Mission First has a nice Kydex just for the 48
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Anymore options for a G48 w/TLR6 and IWB? Saw what was posted here, but still looking for other options.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By triaxle:
Don Hume is the one I got for my G/48 , the open top ,perfect form fit . also Mission First has a nice Kydex just for the 48
View Quote
I have a blackpoint tactical that is nice. Winthrop holsters makes a leather iwb option. I have one of their owb models and it is decent.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:01:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shwa] [#25]
Picked up a Concealment Express Tuckable G48 holster. https://www.concealmentexpress.com/collections/glock-iwb-kydex-holsters/products/glock-g48-tuckable-iwb-kydex-holster

Price was right but I had some concerns going into it that turned out to be valid.

Single Clip in front of the frame isn’t my favorite but I intend for the G48 to be a slim appendix carry setup. The single clip allows too much side to side movement of the gun (for my preferences) that you dont get with a dual clip holster.

I added the wing/claw which definitely helps however, because it attaches to the retention adjustment, there is a little side to side play in the wing itself. Using the rubber washers helps keep it pretty locked in but your able to rotate it if you want. Cranking it down also cranks down the retention so you reach a limit to how tight you want it to be.

All in all for the price I paid I got what I expected. Not great but not terrible. Conceals pretty good. They make a double soft loop holster that would probably be the better way to go if you want to carry appendix.

I will probably keep the holster and use it as a shell Velcro’d inside a pack/backup use. For $36 + cost of the wing/claw which will go onto another holster, its worth it.

Also the 1.5” clip wont fit over my Esstac inner belt which is supposed to be 1.5”. Perhaps this problem is more with the belt itself as I have other clips that wont fit it either and very tight on some 1.5 loops.  It does fit over all of my normal carry belts however.

Welcome10 will get you 10% off concealmentexpress order (no affiliation, just did a search before I placed my order)
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone make a holster for a 43x or 48 with an RMR?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TheJudgeHolden:
Anyone make a holster for a 43x or 48 with an RMR?
View Quote
I’m sure Crossbreed will if you ask.  I just received a Crossbreed Reckoning for my Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS with RMR and Suppressor height sights.  I was very pleased and they were running a sale so I ordered one for a 43X and I don’t even have one yet haha.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#28]
43x holster

I've carried in many holsters for years, and this is what I have found to be the best.  Hands down.  More than some in price, but it works like nothing else.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 2:05:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Johnny_C] [#29]
Code 4 Defense has them
with the option  for the RMR,
as well as, suppressor height sights.

I buy these for my 17's & my 34.

Very good fit & finish. $29 for IWB.

John

Link Posted: 12/24/2019 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Good discussion. Vedder light tuck (all the things).Good gear,customer service is better than good.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#31]
G-Code Phenom Stealth

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I always default back to tulster. Easy on and off and rides good.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:20:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mick214] [#33]
I picked up a Bravo Concealment rig for my G48…

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#34]

How do you like it?  Is the fuzz material more comfortable against the skin than typical kydex or not enough to make a difference?  Did you order it direct from Gcode?  If so what was the turnaround time to make and ship?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Urban Carry Lockleather holsters are what I use for my firearms, they feel very comfortable and I like it a lot better than Kydex holsters.  Priced decent and good thick leather.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#36]
What's everyone using for IWB carry of spare 43X/48 Shield mags?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By rgaper:
What's everyone using for IWB carry of spare 43X/48 Shield mags?
View Quote

NEOmag
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:38:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#38]
TR Holsters on ETSY is making IWB and OWB holsters for the 43x MOS and 48 MOS with TLR-7Sub attached. Maybe a little pricy but this is typical for early adopters...

43x MOS with TLR-7Sub:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1013191689/black-kydex-iwb-holster-for-glock-43x?ref=shop_home_active_2

48 MOS with TLR-7Sub:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1013191977/black-kydex-iwb-holster-for-glock-48-mos?ref=shop_home_active_2

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top