Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 8:40:34 PM EDT
I know the frame is the same, but can I just swap uppers with no questions/problems?

Also is there a way to shoot .40 out of the 9mm upper? I have the .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. But can I just put the a G22 barrel in a G17 slide?
I know it may all sound stupid to some, but I do have a reason for the questions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:49:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nktrnl:
I know the frame is the same, but can I just swap uppers with no questions/problems?

Yes if they're both three pin. It is also advisable to swap the trigger mechanism housing (ejector) as well.

Originally Posted By nktrnl:

Also is there a way to shoot .40 out of the 9mm upper? I have the .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. But can I just put the a G22 barrel in a G17 slide?

No.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:02:21 PM EDT
bummer. Thanks for the help. I guess Ill have to throw some parts up for sale soon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:12:00 PM EDT
What are you trying to do?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:37:43 PM EDT
I have a 2nd gen G22 I don't care for the frame, but it was cheap, this is my main HD gun. The shop that I buy from all the time has a used rtf G17 for sale for really cheap. My aunty wants to pick up a glock and she likes the old smooth frame. So I was going to buy the g17 and just swap the slides, but she also wants to shoot .40.
So I'd have the RTF G17 frame with a G22 upper
She would have my old G22 frame with a G17 upper, but no way to shoot .40...

So I may just buy the gun anyway and sell my frame and the new slide.

I do have a few rtfs, but they are safe queens and I have no intention to shoot them. I would keep every thing, but i'm on the verge of being broke since I've been introduced to guns.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:48:42 AM EDT
Summit Gun Broker gets in used G22 second gens quite often, so that could solve that problem for you.

Top Top