BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
VZ 58 Picture Thread (Page 4 of 7)
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
In the snow with an OKO mounted.  This is the original Czech red dot and for the money it's awesome.  I got the protector even though it looks clumsy.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2014 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Replaced the handguards and grip with ones from Czechpoint. The handguards ARE NOT direct replacements by any means. 1 hour of dremeling to make them fit. Don't get me started on the top one. About threw them in the garbage. Everything was about 1/8 of an inch too thick. Everything about this gun has been a pain in the ass so far but that's for another thread.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a photo but video of interesting variant:
http://youtu.be/SUroiZO8dFQ
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bohem:
Not a photo but video of interesting variant:
http://youtu.be/SUroiZO8dFQ
View Quote

That's neat.

I find it interesting that a Hungarian has a Brazilian BOPE patch on his jacket.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Was that Hungarian they were speaking? I heard it's a language like no other. They should have chambered the rifle in 7.62x25 Tokarev, more oomph.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 5:08:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig] [#6]

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:04:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RogueJSK] [#7]

Slovak brake.  Mako grip.  AMD65Tech cheek riser/pad.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]

painted and baked the furniture OD green.  PKM brake.  Paracord over foam on the stock.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:02:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Howlin_Mad] [#10]
Older Century Arms rifle.  

Has the LH threads on barrel, so a PWS AK brake.  

RS Regulate mount on Czech side mount with Primary Arms red dot.

Ambidextrous mag release.

Ugly but functional UTG buttpad.  I have gorilla arms, need the length of pull more than anything, but it does tame the recoil some.

Just put an AK pistol grip adapter for AR grips and modified it to fit, haven't shot it with the grip on yet.

Many 2-gun matches with about 1000 rounds downrange, no problems.

Link Posted: 5/7/2014 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Throttle_monkey1:
Here's my 11.5" shorty. Love it. 7.5" compact might be next.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c382/Throttle_monkey1/69043bf0.jpg
View Quote

this is exactly how i want mine to be when i'm done.

so beautiful!
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 3:41:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hawk1911] [#12]
Here is my VZ, got it from AIM. I think it is the best deal going right now and couldn't resist. Other than the the paracord I plan to leave it as is. It shoots great no failures all the mags work, what else could you want. I use the bayonet as a letter opener it works great.

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Not going to lie than Hungarian thing was cool. Looking to get a VZ58 soon.  Might take it in a different direction after that video.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I . . . I think I might have gone too far:

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 10:33:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deussne] [#15]

Originally Posted By TV-PressPass:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5031/13846105353_04d1a6f331_b.jpg
View Quote
i think you did too..

Did you notice that you have two front & rear sights?

Might want to spend all that $$ burning a hole in your pocket on your Tavor!

ETA. Nice Rifle. Too bad that magazine is pinned..

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Iam pretty satisfied with my new stock

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#17]

I got the NEA handguards and the aimpoint was lysing around so I put it on for the pic ! By far my fav rifle !
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By marko16:
In the snow with an OKO mounted.  This is the original Czech red dot and for the money it's awesome.  I got the protector even though it looks clumsy.  

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/0r088fnj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/27/088fn.jpg</a>
View Quote

I'm curious about the OKO. I can't find a lot of information about them. Is the sight itself metal or polymer? How about the area that mounts.

Gotten a lot of use out of it?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#19]
like that cheek riser
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By averwo:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Mopower/2014-02-10190735_zpsaf827b40.jpg

Replaced the handguards and grip with ones from Czechpoint. The handguards ARE NOT direct replacements by any means. 1 hour of dremeling to make them fit. Don't get me started on the top one. About threw them in the garbage. Everything was about 1/8 of an inch too thick. Everything about this gun has been a pain in the ass so far but that's for another thread.
View Quote

those handguards (or ones that look exactly the same) go straight on to a czech receiver gun, I wonder if there are differences to make them US legal
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:57:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I have not seen one on this thread that is sporting a Desert Tan, so here you go, Its Cerakote Desert Tan.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#23]

VZ2008 with Vortex Sparc and  home made 20 round magazine.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#25]
my vz
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#26]
mine, nothing fancy...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#28]

thats how i like em!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:35:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kikken] [#29]

Century VZ2008 with a stock bought on ebay and a CNC Warrior brake.  Spax, finnfann, and I appear to have similar tastes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:45:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spaxspore] [#30]
Originally Posted By Kikken:
http://i.imgur.com/SGBCVeh.jpg

Century VZ2008 with a stock bought on ebay and a CNC Warrior brake.  Spax, finnfann, and I appear to have similar tastes.
View Quote

love it
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Kikken:
http://i.imgur.com/SGBCVeh.jpg

View Quote

Nice looking rifle.

Proof that great minds think alike!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is my SBR'er 11.9 Czechpoint Vz58. She is about to get another handguard but she is fun to shoot even with a greenscreen behind here :-)

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Deussne:
i think you did too.. Did you notice that you have two front & rear sights?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I fixed it!

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pkk] [#34]
Okay here it is

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 3:14:18 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Here's your straight up picture.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks! I couldnt get the pic to post like that. How did you do that?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#37]

I fixed it!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7477/15114994223_b5fecca622_b.jpg

View All Quotes

I fixed it!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7477/15114994223_b5fecca622_b.jpg

I like that!  

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:14:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack_Flag] [#38]
Originally Posted By pkk:
Thanks! I couldnt get the pic to post like that. How did you do that?
View Quote

No worries. When you upload a picture or find a picture on photobucket that you want to use as an image: Off to the right of your screen under "share links". There's one url that has "IMG" to it's left. You should be able to just click on that with your mouse/pad and it gets copied. Then just paste it where you want. Adding IMG  inside of [ ] at the left of a url. And then /IMG inside of [ ] on the end of a url. It should also make your url of a picture and image.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:27:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Here is my main vz. 58 sits right now. It came in black originally. But now it has a coat of gray Krylon on it more a more authentic look.

So:

CSA vz. 58 in 7.62x39
-Bonesteel railed handguards (painted OD)
-FAB Defense grip in OD
-Blue Force Gear VCAS sling in OD
-Magpul AFG2 in OD
-Streamlight TRL-1

I had an optic on it for quite a while. But I'm just using irons right now. I'll be getting another optic of some sort for it down the road.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:55:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TV-PressPass] [#40]
Jack_Flag, what sort of muzzle device have you got? It looks . . . not like a brake

Is it pinned and welded for state laws or something?

Also: I'm super jealous of your bone steel hand-guard. I like the fab defense, but I'd love to be able to get low profile units like yours.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:36:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack_Flag] [#41]
Jack_Flag, what sort of muzzle device have you got? It looks . . . not like a brake

Is it pinned and welded for state laws or something?

Also: I'm super jealous of your bone steel hand-guard. I like the fab defense, but I'd love to be able to get low profile units like yours.
View Quote

That's how the CSA rifles come into the USA. The rifle has the original, standard length barrel which is a hair under 16 inches. For importation and federal law so it doesn't fall under our NFA (SBR) laws. The barrel has to be at least 16 inches. So yeah, it's simply a muzzle extension to get the barrel length to 16 inches to be able to be imported. You'll also notice the FSB has no bayonet lug. Since guns can't be imported into the USA with bayonet lugs (again, US Federal Law). CSA grinds off the lugs.

It's all federal law to be importable and also to not fall under the NFA (SBR, SBS, full auto) laws as well. CSA puddle welds the extension on. Of course the extensions can either be removed and you can have an SBR (with appropriate tax stamp and paper work) or you can permanently attach a different muzzle device. As long as the length of the barrel is over 16 inches. Once permanently affixed. A muzzle device become a de facto part and overall length of the barrel. You can also remove the no bayonet lug FSB and put on a FSB that has the lugs. Which I've done on one of my 58s. And will do on this one eventually.

The Century 2008's you see have the threaded barrels and you can swap muzzle devices at will since the barrels made for them are over 16 inches. The newer made CSA 58's that are sold here now all have brand new barrels (CSA ran out of excellent condition original barrels) that are just over 16 inches. They're made by Lothar Walther in Germany. The 2008's also have bayonet lugs and can have them because the guns are made here.

The Bonesteel handguard is nice and well made (by CNC Warrior). They're especially nice if you're someone that loves to co-witness irons with optics. They co-witness with things like Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Sweet rifle (I like the Ukrainian colors on your mag, nice touch ;) ) I wanted to keep the original stock on mine too as I love the old school look of it, but it beat my cheek to death when I fired it more than 10 times. So i went with the fab defense one, purely a decision of function.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#43]
so is that butt stock legal for an SBR?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GunSafe:
Here is my SBR'er 11.9 Czechpoint Vz58. She is about to get another handguard but she is fun to shoot even with a greenscreen behind here :-)

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141103_152956_zpsoqujlvqa.jpg
View Quote

Is that butt stock legal on an SBR?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GunSafe:

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141103_152956_zpsoqujlvqa.jpg

Sure. You can put whatever stock you want on an sbr.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:21:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Sweet rifle (I like the Ukrainian colors on your mag, nice touch ;) ) I wanted to keep the original stock on mine too as I love the old school look of it, but it beat my cheek to death when I fired it more than 10 times. So i went with the fab defense one, purely a decision of function.
View Quote

Thank you and thank you. The colors certainly help keep track of the mags and maybe show a little solidarity.

I like the folding stock. It certainly helps for storage and travel since the gun goes on trips with me. It's my do all. I honestly haven't had much if any issue with the stock and bashing my face. But it honestly isn't the most comfortable stock in the world for the 58. I don't know if you have a Century 58 or not. But if you're running the slant brake that those come with. That slant brake is probably causing a good bit of the discomfort. Though I do like the the folding stock. I do plan to add and AR stock to eventually to finish the modernizing process on this one. I have another that I keep stock.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:40:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pkk] [#47]
I did have the slant break (yes I have a century), but I replaced it with cncwarror's  knurled compensator at the same time that I replaced the butt stock with a fab defense one. So never got to try the new compensator with the old stock. Part of the problem I had was due to the fact that I shoot left handed. The bar on the stock butt stock does not run along the center axis of the rifle, it is actually to the right of center which brings it right under my cheek. Right handed shooters probably dont have as much of a problem.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Jack_Flag:

Thank you and thank you. The colors certainly help keep track of the mags and maybe show a little solidarity.

I like the folding stock. It certainly helps for storage and travel since the gun goes on trips with me. It's my do all. I honestly haven't had much if any issue with the stock and bashing my face. But it honestly isn't the most comfortable stock in the world for the 58. I don't know if you have a Century 58 or not. But if you're running the slant brake that those come with. That slant brake is probably causing a good bit of the discomfort. Though I do like the the folding stock. I do plan to add and AR stock to eventually to finish the modernizing process on this one. I have another that I keep stock.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack_Flag:

I did have the slant break (yes I have a century), but I replaced it with cncwarror's knurled compensator at the same time that I replaced the butt stock with a fab defense one. So never got to try the new compensator with the old stock. Part of the problem I had was due to the fact that I shoot left handed. The bar on the stock butt stock does not run along the center axis of the rifle, it is actually to the right of center which brings it right under my cheek. Right handed shooters probably dont have as much of a problem.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#49]
VZ 2008

Don't mind the lowers. They like to hang with the vz
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:40:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackstuff] [#50]
I really need to get a better camera....

And work out how to get Photobucket pictures to imbed.....
Page / 7
VZ 58 Picture Thread (Page 4 of 7)
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top