Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

If anyone is experiencing the issue, please, as was said before, just e-mail [email protected] with you order number. He will get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Cameron got the issue fixed really quickly
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MAKAK47:
Cameron got the issue fixed really quickly
View Quote

What is the fix?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]

If anyone is experiencing the issue, please, as was said before, just e-mail [email protected] with you order number. He will get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

I am not as concerned IF a company has a problem, its what they do to solve the problem that I am concerned with.
While It sux to be caught up in PSA test trials, if they make it right in the end all is well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By westphoenix:

What is the fix?
View Quote

Brand new mags with correct followers, also they don’t want the old mags back, so I’m looking for followers for them
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Brand new mags with correct followers, also they don’t want the old mags back, so I’m looking for followers for them
View Quote

Did some of the mags get assembled with the wrong follower? Or defective followers?
Do they have them in stock and ready to ship? Because the website says out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Did some of the mags get assembled with the wrong follower? Or defective followers?
Do they have them in stock and ready to ship? Because the website says out of stock.
View Quote

Defective followers

Replacements are being shipped

No idea on stocking, there’s likely more coming in given how quickly they sold out
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

@palmettostatearmory

glad to see this issue being addressed and resolved.  Are there any plans in the works to fix the 7.62x39 PSA MAGS in regards to the single round falling out issue?
I currently have 4 and would love to purchase more since they fit and function in all of my AKs.  The issue is more of a PITA really and only exists if you happen to stop firing with only one round left in the mag, or I guess if you only wanted one round loaded maybe for a reload drill????
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:
glad to see this issue being addressed and resolved.  Are there any plans in the works to fix the 7.62x39 PSA MAGS in regards to the single round falling out issue?
I currently have 4 and would love to purchase more since they fit and function in all of my AKs.  The issue is more of a PITA really and only exists if you happen to stop firing with only one round left in the mag, or I guess if you only wanted one round loaded maybe for a reload drill????
View Quote

Which (smooth side/AK-103 or PSAK-47 waffle pattern) of their 7.62x39 mags have this issue?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]

@palmettostatearmory

View Quote

Never had issues with mine, waffle and smooth side
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:16:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorKicker] [#12]

Which (smooth side/AK-103 or PSAK-47 waffle pattern) of their 7.62x39 mags have this issue?
View Quote

Both.  It wont stop them from functioning.  But if you put one single round into either (Smooth or waffle) magazine, it will fall out.  Put a second round in and they both stay retained, and every round after retains.  By design, the follower won't go high enough to retain the single round...
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Both.  It wont stop them from functioning.  But if you put one single round into either (Smooth or waffle) magazine, it will fall out.  Put a second round in and they both stay retained, and every round after retains.  By design, the follower won't go high enough to retain the single round...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

A single round is loose in mine too, but even with shaking and slapping the cartridge didn't come out of the magazine. The cartridge did move a bit though and I could see it coming out in the right condition.

Neither (smooth or waffle) fit in the KS47
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
I took my new 5.56 mags apart and took a heat gun to the followers. After 30 seconds or so of heating the followers now fit around the spring and mags will take 30 rounds.

Aside from this follower glitch the mags seem solid. The tubes seem sturdy, etc.

View Quote

Guy on the AKFiles boils his follower back to normal and it functions like it should

Glad the fix is simple
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Guy on the AKFiles boils his follower back to normal and it functions like it should

Glad the fix is simple
View Quote

I did this using a scrap piece of wood to space it open and it worked like a charm. And now I have 2 additional mags to do more destructive testing on.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By austinsarmoury:

I did this using a scrap piece of wood to space it open and it worked like a charm. And now I have 2 additional mags to do more destructive testing on.
View Quote

Looking forward to your vid!
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Great review!  I’m very excited for the next batch with green and plum
PSA AK101 Mag - ZPAP + Beryl Test - 556 AK Magazine Series S3E3
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Any updates? Are these PSA 5.56 AK mags good to go yet?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By themao:
View Quote

Consensus is good. Beyond the initial issue, everyone's experience (mine included) has been positive. They're easily the best US made 556AK mag currently available imo

Fitment, according to AZ5326 on the AKFiles, is good with:
-RD NATO
-Jack 556
-Mini Jack 556
-SAM5
-SLR-106CR
-Beryl
-Mini Beryl
-M85
-M90 (though tighter than ideal)
-PSA AK-101
-PSA AK 102
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Consensus is good. Beyond the initial issue, everyone's experience (mine included) has been positive. They're easily the best US made 556AK mag currently available imo

-RD NATO
-Jack 556
-Mini Jack 556
-SAM5
-SLR-106CR
-Beryl
-Mini Beryl
-M85
-PSA AK-101
-PSA AK 102
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

-RD NATO
-Jack 556
-Mini Jack 556
-SAM5
-SLR-106CR
-Beryl
-Mini Beryl
-M85
-PSA AK-101
-PSA AK 102

One user on the Files dropped his fully loaded on the lips 10 times from shoulder height, the lips have a finally cracked in the back, but holy crap I’d consider these heavy duty since it can very likely still feed

My replacement mags cycle well

Good to go, grab them
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#22]
So I bought one of the PSA black 5.56 magazines for the father’s day sale, along with 5 WBP black 30 round magazines.

Thoughts on the PSA without having used it yet:’

1. Very similar construction to my factory original circle 10 AK-74 5.45x39 magazines (all preban era I bought 20+ years ago). That’s a good thing with the steel reinforcement up top and the metal floor plate

2. The follower does not look good. Here it is at its resting position:

Attachment Attached File

None of my other AK magazines do this. The last time I had a 20 or 30 round magazine do this with a follower was either a well worn USGI follower or a Triple K Ruger Mini-14 magazine from the Brady Bill era (my first evil rifle at the age of 19 was a Mini-14 because my parents wouldn’t let me have an AR ).

Nevertheless, anyone else with feedback?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#23]
So I bought one of the PSA black 5.56 magazines for the father’s day sale, along with 5 WBP black 30 round magazines.

Thoughts on the PSA without having used it yet:’

1. Very similar construction to my factory original circle 10 AK-74 5.45x39 magazines (all preban era I bought 20+ years ago). That’s a good thing with the steel reinforcement up top and the metal floor plate

2. The follower does not look good. Here it is at its resting position:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10504/IMG_0313_jpeg-2847295.JPG

None of my other AK magazines do this. The last time I had a 20 or 30 round magazine do this with a follower was either a well worn USGI follower or a Triple K Ruger Mini-14 magazine from the Brady Bill era (my first evil rifle at the age of 19 was a Mini-14 because my parents wouldn’t let me have an AR ).

Nevertheless, anyone else with feedback?

Thanks
View Quote

I ran a couple of fully loaded mags and they worked 100%, all mine have the same goofy look as yours but they work
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:24:56 AM EDT
[#24]

I ran a couple of fully loaded mags and they worked 100%, all mine have the same goofy look as yours but they work
View Quote

Weird.

Hopefully I will get to the range in the next month or so to try it
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top