Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/8/2006 4:09:19 PM EDT
What is the point in buying these guns? As i understand it they are thousands of dollars and dont even perform as well as an ak. This is in no way supposed to offend anybody who has them i was just wondering what the draw of these guns is.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Why says that Galil's don't perform as well as an OK?  To many, they are considered the pinnacle of the AK-47 series.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What is the point in buying these guns? As i understand it they are thousands of dollars and dont even perform as well as an ak. This is in no way supposed to offend anybody who has them i was just wondering what the draw of these guns is.

Its like many of the finer things of life , once you shoot one you will understand.

Till then , you will never understand.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Its something to have in my collection. I have crap load of stuff that I really dont need but I do collect firearms. Its a hobby. If you can get it why not. Plus the value will only go up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't pay thousands for my Pre-89 Galil AR.  I only paid $750 for it... back in 1987!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine did cost me $2000.00, but I don't think you'll find one in every safe either.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Like i said i was just curious because i heard they are based of the kalishnakov but didnt know why they are so expensive, but i guess it is true in any case the value  will only go up
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#7]
18" Israeli hammer forged barrel that is MUCH more accurate than the typical AK & its 5.56x45 NATO so decent ammo can be used. Add to that:

-usuable peep sights that do not look like them came off a Model 1898 Mauser (or 98 Mauser)
-better sight radius
-best folding stock
-pistol grip modeled on AMD 65 and

history defending the Jewish state.

BTW, the Galil is relegated to reserve & roadblock duty (except for a few specialized units useing the micro). The IDF (Israel Defense Force) prefers the lighter M16 & M4 or the newer IMI bulpup.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#8]
they're certainly a lot more rare than AKs.

And they look badass
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top