Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:14:21 AM EDT
I'm thinking about doing a build on one of these kits. Ive only done Romy fixed. What are the major differences and cost that I'm looking at? Are these kits worth building? Who makes the best receivers? I saw that the receiver is differnet with some sort of bulge at the front trunnion. Will I need different tools for this?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:11:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:15:54 PM EDT
My M70 AB2 was the easiest build so far. You will need an RPK type receiver. NoDak Spud is really your only choice for 100% receivers. NDS. There are 80% out there but I don't go that route.
As far as the kits go, its really a crap shoot. Both my kits from CFS were pretty good but one was better than the other. Definately worth building. I didnt remove the barrel on my build, I did the controversial drive screw method combined with rivets in the places I could get to. I imagine removing the barrels on these would be much easier than the Romanian G kits that are flooding the market right now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:37:50 PM EDT
I found a kit last week it should arrive today. going with nodak and doing a rivet build.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:49:02 PM EDT
If you can build a Romy you can build a Yugo.

Barrel pins are so much easier to remove.

FREE
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:14:23 PM EDT
Your not kidding Free. It came out like butter. Didn't even hear a popping sound. Now I have a problem with my barrell not coming out. It started to come out and seized about 3/4's way out. wont even budge with 20 ton.
Top Top