BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]

The three names on this one are Ozren (a mountain in RS, and an active battlefield - Bosnian Al Kaida (El-jihad paid directly by Al-Kaida) was active there mostly).

The other two names are Бихаћ (a muslim city in western Bosnia - Beehach).

The last name was Тања (a female name, pronounce Tanya).

Combining those two, I would make an intelligent guess and say that the soldier carrying this rifle belong to the 2nd Krayina armycorps - the biggest corps in RS which fought at those two places.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Defndr:
I have a Mauser with what I believe to be a Serbian name in Cryillic?  Can anyone confirm that it is Serbian and it is a name.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/RoveRon/GreekMauser/GreekMauser-013.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/RoveRon/GreekMauser/GreekMauser-017.jpg

It is a Serbian name. Момчило Кецојевић (pronounced Momchillo Ketsoyevich)

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]

These are nicknames of the soldier (Bato - short for brother, and it could have belonged to all three sides).

Daca is his girlfriend (Datsa) and she could also belong to any of the three warring fractions.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Originally Posted By akbird:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Can the guru's translate the writing on my new HG?

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss67/finslayer83/IMG00610.jpg

Spiders and cross with four S .

I wonder why spiders? Maybe a nick name? who knows.

It's the name of their unit. Cyrillic alphabet says it's a Serbian unit. The only Serbian unit I know was in Serbian Krayina in Croatian war.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FargoMarc:
Photo didn't turn out too good, but this was on my Yugo SKS   "HEHO"

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g150/FargoMarc/041.jpg

It's a nickname, short for Nenad. H in Serbian is like N in English.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By akbird:

Last two are dates in June '92 . June '92 is considered first month of heavy fights until than it was more or less skirmish .

I'd like to see these.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 10:49:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluezerosix] [#7]
I was sorting through some of my Yugo handguards and found a few with some carvings. Nothing spectacular, but I did find one upper handguard with the Serbian cross with the four "c"'s carved into it. Sorry, no pics of anything...I'll try to get some later...

Here's what I'm needing help with...trying to figure out which side or faction these belonged to...

LHG #1 - This is really hard to tell, so put on your best detective hat...the first letter is definitely a "V"...the second is either a "U" or an "O"...the third letter is either a "C", a "L" or an "E"...the fourth letter is either a "C", an "L" or an "E"...and the last letter is definitely an "A". Lots to work with there...

LHG #2 - "SPICO" on both sides and "ELVIK" or "ELVIR" also on one side.

LHG #3 - "HASOM" on one side. This one also has the Bosnian shield and stars lightly scratched into the other side, also, so I suspect it's Bosnian.

LHG #4 - "KEVA" on one side.

LHG #5 - "BOSNA" on one side...(BOSNIA?)

Lastly, I have a pistol grip with "SAMIR" scratched into it...the name sounds Muslim so I suspect it's Bosnian.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 1:22:51 AM EDT
[#8]
LHG #1 - I couldn't come up with a combo that would make sense. Could you post a picture?
LHG #2 - ELVIR is a muslim name.
LHG #3 - HASOM. Could it be that it's HASO M. where M is his last name's initial? HASO is a muslim name.
LHG #4 - KEVA is Serbian slang for mother, used mostly in Belgrade. Not a common nick name for a guy, though. Picture would help.
LHG #5 - Correct.

SAMIR is also a muslim name...

Cheers...

Originally Posted By bluezerosix:
I was sorting through some of my Yugo handguards and found a few with some carvings. Nothing spectacular, but I did find one upper handguard with the Serbian cross with the four "c"'s carved into it. Sorry, no pics of anything...I'll try to get some later...

Here's what I'm needing help with...trying to figure out which side or faction these belonged to...

LHG #1 - This is really hard to tell, so put on your best detective hat...the first letter is definitely a "V"...the second is either a "U" or an "O"...the third letter is either a "C", a "L" or an "E"...the fourth letter is either a "C", an "L" or an "E"...and the last letter is definitely an "A". Lots to work with there...

LHG #2 - "SPICO" on both sides and "ELVIK" or "ELVIR" also on one side.

LHG #3 - "HASOM" on one side. This one also has the Bosnian shield and stars lightly scratched into the other side, also, so I suspect it's Bosnian.

LHG #4 - "KEVA" on one side.

LHG #5 - "BOSNA" on one side...(BOSNIA?)

Lastly, I have a pistol grip with "SAMIR" scratched into it...the name sounds Muslim so I suspect it's Bosnian.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently got three sets of the Romy furniture from APEX.

Looks like I got "Kiki's" handguard.  Says Kiki on one side and bottom and "Laki" on the other side:

Not sure what this says.  It was a Romy dong grip that was sawn off and then painted black.  I took a pic right side up and upside down:

Dong grip with a sticker on it.  I'm sure this came from wherever they were stripped:

bluezerosix I wish your "Samir" was spelled "Semir".  I got a buttstock with the name Semir carved on it.  We could have worked out a trade for a "matching" set!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The sticker says this belongs to police of Split-Dalmatia county. Split is a town in Croatia.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey thanks slk.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#12]
np :)

Also, "neformacijsko" means that it's not used by active duty policemen. It could be confiscated, outdated, or maybe even a collector's item that they ended up selling.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread's been dormant for a while, let's see if someone can throw me a bone.

I picked up some BFPU hand guards  recently and I was hoping someone could help me ID their origin. They're in a bag and caked with cosmo (and god knows what else)  so I don't have pictures; we're going to have to do this the hard way.

Lower hand guard: "Natasa" with a line over the "s", and "Romo" or "Roma".
Upper hand guard: "Omer", and a symbol that looks like a joined capital H and B with the second vertical line of the H serving as the vertical line for the B. If you're familiar with Hofbrau in Munich, it's the same as their logo.

The upper and lower hand guards are not necessarily from the same rifle, or even the same side of the conflict, for that matter. I'm assuming "Omer" and "Romo/Roma" are names? "Natasa" is too common a name to identify, but maybe the spelling or the "s" symbol are clues? Can anyone help me ID these as being from one side or another?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Notyouratty:
This thread's been dormant for a while, let's see if someone can throw me a bone.

I picked up some BFPU hand guards  recently and I was hoping someone could help me ID their origin. They're in a bag and caked with cosmo (and god knows what else)  so I don't have pictures; we're going to have to do this the hard way.

Lower hand guard: "Natasa" with a line over the "s", and "Romo" or "Roma".
Upper hand guard: "Omer", and a symbol that looks like a joined capital H and B with the second vertical line of the H serving as the vertical line for the B. If you're familiar with Hofbrau in Munich, it's the same as their logo.

The upper and lower hand guards are not necessarily from the same rifle, or even the same side of the conflict, for that matter. I'm assuming "Omer" and "Romo/Roma" are names? "Natasa" is too common a name to identify, but maybe the spelling or the "s" symbol are clues? Can anyone help me ID these as being from one side or another?

Thanks!
View Quote

S with the line over it is the "sh" sound.  it's a female name "Natasha".
Omer is a first name.  Generally, it's for bosniak muslim males.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Billdozer77:
I recently got three sets of the Romy furniture from APEX.

Looks like I got "Kiki's" handguard.  Says Kiki on one side and bottom and "Laki" on the other side:

bluezerosix I wish your "Samir" was spelled "Semir".  I got a buttstock with the name Semir carved on it.  We could have worked out a trade for a "matching" set!
View Quote

Laki is a common nickname for the name Lazar.  Not sure about Kiki though, could be a nickname.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By slk_ca:
np :)

Also, "neformacijsko" means that it's not used by active duty policemen. It could be confiscated, outdated, or maybe even a collector's item that they ended up selling.
View Quote

Could be from stuff that was confiscated by the "PU" (Policijska Uprava) = Police Authority for the Splitsko - Dalmatiski Canton.  During the war years there was a lot of fighting in that region (1990 -1995).  Could be from arms that were confiscated during the war time.

Note that I use Zupanija = Kanton (highest local unit of self government in croatia).  Opcina would = County (lower local administrative unit).  Many counties can belong to Canton (though wikipedia says that zupanija = county but that wikipedia for you) :)
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:56:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I got these from Apex. I'm guessing the first one is Bosnian, Juka being a form of Jusef? The other side appears to have had something written on it but scratched out. The second one I have no ideas about, looks like a star, R and P in a triangle, the other side is bare. The last one has two Cyrillic characters on one side and the word 'cobra' scratched into the other side.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:19:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: manda] [#18]
@CarnageRush

The cyrilic letters ?? are letters F and C. No idea what it could mean. Initials, or some noob wanted to carve ???? and made a mistake. FKCZ in latin, FCRS in english, which is a popular footbal/soccer club from Belgrade, Serbia named ?????? ??????, meaning Red Star.

As for COBRA, it could be a name of Serbian army SF MP battalion, called ????? (Cobras) plural, but it lacks letter S in the end. But I doubt that a member of them carved this.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:01:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: manda] [#19]
Hmmm... it seems the site doesn't allow me to type cyrillic letters.
Instead of them, only question marks appear... odd...
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#20]
If this thread is still alive, I picked up some handguards from Apex earlier this week and put them on my NPAP.

There is a carving on the lower handguard that reads JASARE VICEOIN

Does anyone have any clue what that means? I'm assuming it is someones name?
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top