Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:25:22 PM EDT
I thought I had this all figured out until I read a post where someone says they filed a Form 1 before sending the kit/receiver to a builder.  

If you have someone build a Krink SBR for you, can you have the gun registered already on a Form 1?  

My understanding was that you send the kit and receiver to a builder and they have to send the SBR back to an FFL/SOT in your state and then I have to file a Form 4 to get it transferred to me.  Is this correct?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
YOu fill out a Form 1, then "contract" someone to build the parts into a rifle.  I have done this many times.  Since the work is done on your rifle it can then be sent back to you directly under the gunsmithing clause.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Since the work is done on your rifle it can then be sent back to you directly under the gunsmithing clause.

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Since the work is done on your rifle it can then be sent back to you directly under the gunsmithing clause.

Yep.

Sweet!  Thanks guys.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top