Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:13:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/3/2006 7:15:27 PM EDT by MiamiARFan]
OK guys,

Just picked up my first AK at the gun show this weekend. Gotta say I love it, even though liberals all over the country are perishing just from looking at the gun.

Being an AK Noob, I had a question about the FSB. On mine, there is a flip up iron that obscures the post. It has a small indent. Is this intended to be a night sight with some type of tritium paint applied in the indentation??

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I bought it on Saturday and we went out on Sunday to break it in. Pics here starting bottom p.6
WARNING 56k = DEATH

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=227029
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:23:14 PM EDT
From the other thread:

That's a Yugoslavian rifle, sir, not a Romanian WASR. The flip-up sights are the grenade launger sights. (Not sure if they're supposed to have tritium or not.)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:41:43 AM EDT
There should be night sights on the front and rear sites. They flip up. They have just a little white dot that glows. The large sight is a gas cutoff and launcher sights.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:33:11 PM EDT
Thanks guys. I thought that the sight on the gas block was the grenade site. And was pretty sure that the flip up was a night sight, but it didn't have any paint on the dot so I wasn't sure. Anyway, here is a close up of what I was talking about.

1/2 way up.

fully deployed

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:48:40 AM EDT
yeah your missing the paint,...i forgot who sells it but they make a glow in the dark paint.

looks like ya'll had a good time down there if FLA. gives me a few ideas on a upcomming shoot with some of the hometown boys up here
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:07:57 AM EDT
Nice score. That's much nicer than a WASR. Excellent buy!

Top Top