Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2005 11:20:52 AM EDT
After 3 poor attempts I think I got a handle on bumpfiring!  Managed to empty a thirty round mag in two fast bursts!!  It was way cool.  I kept waiting for the county sheriff to show up!  Blew the crap out of a couple of pumpkins.  Now I need that spam can of ammo from SG to show up!
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
i learned how to bump fire about 6 months ago, sure is fun huh! i do it with my AK, Thompson, AR, it seems to work with anything. ive had the sheriff show up many of times, i know him by his first name now he'sbeen here so much, the first time he showed up, he thought i had a full auto, (thats what was called in) and i just told him what i was doing, he sid it was perfectly legal and let me go. now i just do it to piss off my neighbors for callin in on me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Kevin,

These wouldn't happen to be Ravalli county sheriffs, would they???
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I keep waiting for the sheriff to show up too!  It sure gets my neighbors attention.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
tapeo1
no, the Flathead Valley Sheriffs department. you live in montana?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
tapeo1
no, the Flathead Valley Sheriffs department. you live in montana?

No, not right now.  I used to about 10 years ago.  My folks live in Stevensville.  Their neighbors called the sheriffs one time when I was bump firing.  They just made sure there was a good embankment that I was shooting into, told the neighbor that it was fine, that it's MT and people shoot guns and then they left.  Everytime I go back, I make a point to bump fire just to piss those neighbors off again.  Being passive agressive can be rewarding sometimes!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you explain the bump firing technique ?? let me in on the fun ?

Thanks

smoke
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Can you explain the bump firing technique ?? let me in on the fun ?

Thanks

smoke

Go to this website for info on bumpfiring.  http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml
Have fun and bring lots of ammo!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]
try a bipod on the barrel  hag on to pistole grip aim and paddle the triger you will get the same results  with better hit count
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys need to 'oil' the FCG up till its dripping.  Then go give it a whirl

ps.  Nothing beats an RSA fcg for bump firing
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]

ps.  Nothing beats an RSA fcg for bump firing hr

Red Stars fcg is my next upgrade for my AK along with thier shephard hook replacement.  I just came in from firing off a few rounds in the backyard and really hate the trigger slap on my century fcg.  I figured as long as I remove it to fix the slap, I may as well just put in a new fcg.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Here ya go...quick video of me bumping my Krink at night w/ a rsa fcg.

Krink Vid

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Now that is a bad ass looking Ak, I have a Saiga, and want to do a conversion, don't know much about the Ak's, more of an AR guy, can you do a conversion like that?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#13]
What is an FCG???
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Fire control group (trigger, hammer and disconnector).

FREE

Quoted:
What is an FCG???

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top