Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 11:06:57 AM EDT
Im getting a SAR-1 at a gunshow on the 27th, and plan on buying a case or two of surplus ammo. I already bought some Winchest 7.62*39 to sight it in, then my friend tells me winchester has weak primers sometimes and may cause a slam fire. He is the only one i know localy with a SAR-1, is this true, and do i have anything to worry about?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#1]
US commercial ammo does not have as hard of a primer than military surplus ( & Russian imports).

I suppose if you try to get it to slam fire you could do it, but I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
For basic range use, no worries. See the 7.62 ammo test in the ammo forum. Every gun has it;s pet load due to production variation in chamber/spacing, but this test is SAR intensive. Unless the box/case rate is very different, buy a few boxes of each, test, and stock up on your fave.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top