Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 7:51:29 PM EDT
Sometimes when I finish emptying a magazine it is extremely difficult to get it to release so I that I can slap another mag in.  Anyone have any tips?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I noticed this on my new SAR1 the other day as well. I havent taken it to the range yet, but I was just trying some of the different mags Ive bought so far and they're a bit of a challenge to get out. They seat with a nice crisp click, but trying to depress the release takes alot of effort, and after doing it a few times my finger hurts like hell.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not your gun guys it's the mags , same shit happened to me , I exchanged the mags and no more problems ,now if I can find out how to tune my reds trigger I will be good to go !!!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
 Happened to me once when for some unknown reason I began to pull down on the magazine at the same time that tried to push on the release catch.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]
A gentle deburring of the mag catch with a stone should do the trick.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I took a bit of metal off of the mag with a dremel and now it works fine. Actualy it was about fou rof them that were like that. Where did you get yours, I orderedmine from AIM.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I took a bit of metal off of the mag with a dremel and now it works fine. Actualy it was about fou rof them that were like that. Where did you get yours, I orderedmine from AIM.

Got mine from the same place ,they exchange them for me ,the ones they sent me now are good to go and THEY are the BEST PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH .
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:56:20 AM EDT
[#7]
tooly,
did you buy your RSA FCG from RSA? Or was it in your gun you bought? If the latter;
http://www.redstararms.com/index.htm?catalog.htm&1
This link is at their site and it has a PDF of the manual.

As far as the mags go, all my steel mags are realatively loose. I have made a RSA magazine release lever

and it makes mag changes super easy and super fast. No more fiddling with that damn paddle!!! Its pretty easy yo make. I looked at it on the site, made one out of heavy construction paper till it fit perfect, than cut it out of steel with a jig saw. Bent it with a vise and vise grips, then blued it. Oh...and I took off the left side lever making it right handed only. Just didn't ever need the other side.

Anyway, the Polish synthetic mags (slabsides) I bought fit REALLY tight! But really don't give me that much problems. They have gotten much better with use!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
tooly,
did you buy your RSA FCG from RSA? Or was it in your gun you bought? If the latter;
This link is at their site and it has a PDF of the manual.

As far as the mags go, all my steel mags are realatively loose. I have made a RSA magazine release lever

and it makes mag changes super easy and super fast. No more fiddling with that damn paddle!!! Its pretty easy yo make. I looked at it on the site, made one out of heavy construction paper till it fit perfect, than cut it out of steel with a jig saw. Bent it with a vise and vise grips, then blued it. Oh...and I took off the left side lever making it right handed only. Just didn't ever need the other side.

Anyway, the Polish synthetic mags (slabsides) I bought fit REALLY tight! But really don't give me that much problems. They have gotten much better with use!

Yes I got it from them ,talked to ken he is taking care of it for me ...a real good guy thanks...
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top