User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright, before I have somebeody butcher my rifle––my Hunter will need what size threading so I can install a muzzle device––i.e. 14 mm, 24mm, 1/2 by 28, etc?  Please help, I DO NOT want to get this screwed up!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
What did you do with the original furniture?

Tom
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll update this.
It's a Norinco Hunter to Valmet build I'm just about finished with.
Need to drill one hole for the lower HG retainer, but it's done short of that.

Link Posted: 12/12/2012 1:58:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RV4Sell] [#4]
Nice !! Very sharp looking conversion, and that was done off of a hunter ? does it have the polytech 386 stamp ? Here is my Galil Version

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a hunter I would like to convert.  The rifle is of sentimental value so I don't want to mess it up.  Would anyone here be willing to do the conversion for me for hire?  
Thanks and Happy New Year.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By JBOT5000:

I have a hunter I would like to convert.  The rifle is of sentimental value so I don't want to mess it up.  Would anyone here be willing to do the conversion for me for hire?  

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Im still slowly working on mine ......been a long term no-rush project .

If I were looking for a builder , Id post the question on the AK- Discussions thread , here : http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_4/64_AK_Discussions.html . . . . to get a general opinion of who to do the work and the turnaround time . This particular forum moves a bit too slow ......maybe even pose the question in General Discussion . . . if you can stand the tom-foolery

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:43:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TeamHard] [#7]
I have been lurking over this thread for about two years. I also have a norinco (type II) conversion... need a muzzle brake... but for that i need help. I have never used a die and I am not sure if Im willing to learn on my barrel.

Any other suggestions? I have contacted CNC warrior to see if they might machine me a slip-on threaded piece which can be silver soldered to the barrel.

Edit: I will post pics at a later time, the rifle is in the middle of a duracoat job and nearly completed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello, I just picked up one of these. Must be odd seeing it in the original condition LOL! I love the work you guys have done. Great inspiration. Does anyone regret doing a conversion that was un-reversable?

http://home.fuse.net/don.parker/gun.jpg
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice!
Almost makes me wish I had kept one as a Galil.
Super!
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
all done
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top