Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 7:48:39 AM EDT
Looking to pick up my first Bulgy here shortly. I've got a couple romanians, but i definitely want to upgrade to a better rifle. What can you tell about the SAM7 Carbine? Does it have a chrome-lined barrel. What are the diffences between it and some of the other Arsenal models, besides a longer muzzle brake and buttstock is all i can really tell.

Thanks in advance,
               Mike.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It will be some of the best money that you've ever spent.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It will be some of the best money that you've ever spent.

+1

It was the best Value in the Arsenal line, I got my NIB no ban model for $649 and its one hell of a rifle. So solid and well build and works 100%. If you can find one I really suggest you get it ASAP you will see a huge difference from your Romanian rifles trust me.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Hello,
Go with the Arsenal...they are Great.  I have tge SA M-7 and I love it.  It does have a chrome barrel.  You are right the carbine comes with a muzzle nut instead of a brake and the butt stock is shorter.  I replaced my but stock with the shorter one (I like the shorter size better).  Some models come with the side scope mount and some dont.  An "S" after the model # means that it has a scope mount.  (Example SA M-7S  means that is has the scope mount.)
Some of the guns are Pre-ban style and some are Post-ban style.

http://www.arsenalinc.com

Here is there web sight.

Take Care,
MEDIC 0372
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looking to pick up my first Bulgy here shortly. I've got a couple romanians, but i definitely want to upgrade to a better rifle. What can you tell about the SAM7 Carbine? Does it have a chrome-lined barrel. What are the diffences between it and some of the other Arsenal models, besides a longer muzzle brake and buttstock is all i can really tell.

Thanks in advance,
               Mike.

The SA M-7A1 has the Bulgarian 24mm flash hider and a Nato length buttstock.  Then there are the side-folders, underfolders, the "Classic" etc.  The Carbine is my favorite gun, and I have 5 AKs.  I like the fact that it came with a Warsaw Pact length buttstock.  The only modification I've done to it since I purchased, was add a Bulgy flash hider.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a NIB Arsenal SA M7 and it is by far the best AK I've ever shot! I bought a no ban model and its great. When I retire I'll have to lose the muzzle threads & lug , but it still will be a great rifle!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#6]
The SA-M7 Carbine is one to beat for overall quality and materials and must be one of the best crafted ak47 guns curently in the United States.

I have owned my share of preban ak's since the early eighties and none of them compair to this Arsenal product.  The chinese legend series released by Polytech were some handsome rifles at the time but with curent release of the arsenal line the sam7 has changed this preception.

I was so impressed with the arsenal line i sold all of my inferior chinese AKS and invested with something really unique.  You will not be disapointd with this choice.      
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:23:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome, thanks for the input guys. I definetly made my choice... SAM7 it is. Any idea of when Atlantic is supposed to get some in?? Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:50:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Awesome, thanks for the input guys. I definetly made my choice... SAM7 it is. Any idea of when Atlantic is supposed to get some in?? Thanks.

Others have them besides Atlantic, including some dealers here

Mine, which I absolutely love

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm ready to buy an Arsenal SA M-7 carbine also, but I can't find one.
Which dealers were you referring to redfisher?
Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's a (lousy) pic of mine, "skullhead."

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Get one while you can. I like mine so much I'm already thinking about how to horsetrade the NATO buttstock for a Warsaw one on the SLR-108 I will be purchasing when available. BTW, where are you guys getting the 14x1 Bulgy flash hiders?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Get one while you can. I like mine so much I'm already thinking about how to horsetrade the NATO buttstock for a Warsaw one on the SLR-108 I will be purchasing when available. BTW, where are you guys getting the 14x1 Bulgy flash hiders?

Go to the AK Accessories, Mags forum on the EE.  "Veriforctac" sells them.  Better hurry!

Bud
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Check the local gun shows...theres one coming up in Akron.  Don't know where you are from but OH has a few good shows.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Check the local gun shows...theres one coming up in Akron.  Don't know where you are from but OH has a few good shows.  

I'm close to Akron, live in Brunswick. Don't know if i'll be able to make the Akron show, but will definitely get to the next one in Berea. I was just at the Medina show Saturday.
Didn't see any Bulgy's but I seen an assload of AK's that had Black River, Grafton, OH stamped on the reciever, know what the word is on them things?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:00:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hello,
Go with the Arsenal...they are Great.  I have tge SA M-7 and I love it.  It does have a chrome barrel.  You are right the carbine comes with a muzzle nut instead of a brake and the butt stock is shorter.  I replaced my but stock with the shorter one (I like the shorter size better).  Some models come with the side scope mount and some dont.  An "S" after the model # means that it has a scope mount.  (Example SA M-7S  means that is has the scope mount.)
Some of the guns are Pre-ban style and some are Post-ban style.

http://www.arsenalinc.com

Here is there web sight.

Take Care,
MEDIC 0372

What exactly is a muzzle nut??
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What exactly is a muzzle nut??

The muzzle nut is threaded right on the business end of the barrel.

Instead of a slant-brake, it has a "muzzle-nut"

and looks like this

whereas a slant-brake looks like this

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top