Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/20/2003 6:17:51 PM EDT
Picked up a nice SLR 95 last weekend. The thumbhole stock was a surprise. It is not horrible. If I want to change to a regular pistol grip configuration what do I need to change? It has the clearance for adding the lower tang. Do I have to change the FCG, etc. to be 922 compliant? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:05:28 AM EDT
See the pinned topic above, it should answer your questions.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:57:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 8:03:13 AM EDT by Tracker]
PM2790, There is another stock option available for the SLR that does not require isntalling the lower tang.

Check out Ironwood website.
http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2Aprodpage/1zAKproduct.html

They make a stock set that is designed for the single tang receiver (SLR), and the mounting hardware is included with the price of the stock set. It only takes a couple of minutes to mount the harware, and it is rock solid.

Ironwoods stock sets are not competely finished, so it will need to do the final sanding & staining. There website has very detailed instructions if you have never done this before.

Couple of picture of the Ironwood mounting hardware.

End result

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:11:14 AM EDT
When I converted my 95 to 922 compliant, I ordered the lower tang and rivets from Global. Because my receiver was milled on the inside to accept a lower tang, the replacement part worked fine. However, the rivets were way too short. I ended up using small stainless bolts, lockwashers, nuts, and Locktite. They worked fine; they are concealed by the pistol grip. I used a black USA polymer stock, US fcg, and US gas pistol. The result is quite satisfactory.

Mahatma
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:37:04 PM EDT
PMBIKER- I feel stupid. I was looking all over for that info. Was sure I had saved it 'somewhere'. Thanks for the reminder.
Tracker- Great looking furniture from Ironwood. I was planning on staying with synthetic but those pics of yours are tempting.
Mahatma- Thanks for the info on how you did yours. Does your U.S. fcg give you as good a letoff as the Bulgarian set? What brand did you use? Thanks, all.
Top Top