Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By micah360:
Originally Posted By BlenderWizard:
Did you have to cut your cleaning rod on the CR?  Mine seems too long.

yes... I cut the cleaning rod down to fit.

I picked up a AMD 65 cleaning rod for $6.Fits perfect on my CR.Just the right length.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
So this will work on the 5.56 106 pistol too I want to put a 4 peice flash hider on it or a spikes comp should I not mess with the gas port
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CNCmechanic:
So this will work on the 5.56 106 pistol too I want to put a 4 peice flash hider on it or a spikes comp should I not mess with the gas port

Yes, it should work with the 106 pistol.  You have the 106 pistol with the 10.5 inch barrel, correct?  I assume since you want to cut the barrel down.  You shouldn't need to mess with the gas system once the barrel is cut. But the flash hider on your pistol is fake and I remember that once you remove the fake hider there are no threads underneath.  So, you would need to either replace the fsb, thread the fsb (don't know what kind of threads you can put on it as the original threads of 24mm can't be threaded as it is turned down to 22mm I believe; maybe turn it down to ar style), or you can cut down the barrel only a little bit and thread the barrel for ar muzzle devices just befor the fsb.

here is a picture of what the fsb looks like under the fake booster in this thread.

http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_4_64/143624__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Arsenal_SLR_106u_Krink_Pistol____it_s_here_.html&page=2
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, a 107CR or UR would be my dream gun IF I could put an Ultimak on it, as well as a PWS FSC47 brake...and maybe a VFG.
it just seems like a really pricey time to get into arsenals...I never paid more than $625 for my SGL21s, so it's hard to pay almost twice that.

It's still my dream gun.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#5]
What is the total Length I your barrels now ? The 106 & 107?
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Where did you guys get your bell muzzle breaks? These short ones (not the typical m92/krink length ones) are unobtanium.. The only place I've found that actually lists them is AA-OK and the last time I ordered from them I ended up on a wait list for weeks, dealt with their godawful customer service, and I've heard they sometimes sell airsoft parts off as the real deal. Preferably I'd like an AK-102 bell but at this point I'll take anything that works and has 24x1.5mm threads. I want to SBR my SLR-106CR so bad, but this is such a rare muzzle brake and I don't want to opt for the 4-piece because I think it throws off the look.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]
So a 107CR is a better choice when chopping the barrel?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Figure I ought to add my own 107CR to this.  Cut and crowned almost exactly the same as the OP, I just didn't use a file on it before the facing tool.  Come to think of it, OP doesn't mention the 90 degree facing tool.  Hmmm.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:31:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ryanr256] [#9]
I used the information in this thread tp cut and crown the barrel of my SLR-104UR. Here's a picture of the finished crown:

Here's the rifle in traditional furniture:

Hmmm, for some reason the pics won't embed.

-Bob
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump it!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#11]
" />

Finally did the conversion after years of procrastination, Eform approval was fast.
SLR107CR to AK104 SBR and did the barrel cut and crown myself with info from this thread.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it only me that can't see the pics on the OP?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dejavu:
View Quote

Can't see either
But

Op from 2008 ?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:46:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: micah360] [#14]
Originally Posted By u-baddog:

Can't see either
But

Op from 2008 ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By u-baddog:
Originally Posted By Dejavu:

Can't see either
But

Op from 2008 ?

sorry about that.  The photos are back up...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top