Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 4:49:26 PM EDT
Century Arms imported MISR SA is  supposed to be better than the MISR 90, but not as nice as a ARM.   How accurate is this?:

In 1999 the MISR S/A rifle was imported without triggers,sears,pistol grips,or hammers. US parts were added to comply with United States Code Title 18,Chapter 44,Section 922,Paragraph (r).
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]
SA's are OK.  I have one.  They need one more US part to make them compliant, so they were sold with mags with US made floorplates and followers.  Illegal to slap an imported mag.  The fix is to add a US buttstock or foregrip.  

Common top two compalints are the thick blotchy black paint "finish" and the canted front sight.  Some also complain about the cheesy dremmeled import markings.  

Pro is that it is one of the closest AKs to the Soviet ARM, as it was made on Soviet tooling set up by Soviet engineers.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Pro is that it is one of the closest AKs to the Soviet ARM, as it was made on Soviet tooling set up by Soviet engineers.  

What is the story with a Soviet ARM?  The only ARM's I know of are the MAADI ARM's.    
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is the story with a Soviet ARM?  The only ARM's I know of are the MAADI ARM's.    

I'm guessing he meant AKM.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought about that after I posted...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#5]
you guessed correctly
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Back to my original question... I wasn't asking how accurate the rifles are, I was asking how accurate the quote is in stating that they were imported in a stripped down configuration then assembled in the states.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top