Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/19/2006 5:58:34 PM EDT
OK, one of my homebuilds with a Tapco G2 trigger group is a super easy bump-fire gun. I can bump fire 7-10 rounds bursts no problem while the weapon is shouldered.

My question.... is there something that I can do to the springs or trigger group of my other AK's with G2 trigger groups to make them bump fire easier?

I never gave much thought about bump-firing until the ARCOM'er next to me with an AR15 bump-fired his weapon from the shoulder. It was the first time shooting with him and I thought that he a had an M16 until somebody mentioned how well he could do that (bump fire). He is able to fire 3-round bursts, 6-round bursts or empty the whole mag without a problem.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:09:18 PM EDT
how do you do it? just keep the rifle 2" away from your shoulder and push against the front handguard?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:13:14 PM EDT
polish the contact surfaces. or fire about 3000 rounds to wear it in good.

good bumpfire triggers are light and smooth. also use a screw or spring to eliminate as much overtravel as possible.

but most of all is practice. it's a technique. you need to get the feel for it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:22:58 PM EDT
I am not skilled to do it enough from the shoulder but I tried really hard for the first time to do it from the hip the other day and WOW, I ran through 7 mags in only about 3-4 minutes I was like
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:24:08 PM EDT
If it sets off that easily it could fire out of battery. Seen one do that once and something I don't want to see again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:49:22 PM EDT
What about a lighter disconnector spring? Does that have anything to do with the ability to bump fire?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:02:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DoctorCheney223:
What about a lighter disconnector spring? Does that have anything to do with the ability to bump fire?

thanks,
Ron

no, since the trigger resets on each recoil of the rifle, the trigger is what is holding the hammer, not the disconnector.

basically you are holding your trigger finger still and pulling forward on the rifle. as the rifle recoils back the trigger is released forward, then the pulling motion of your other hand pulls the rifle forward into your trigger finger making it go "bang".

most often the bumpfire stops when you cant hold the trigger finger rigid enough and end up holding the trigger back.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:35:02 PM EDT
Buy a RSA trigger. Then you can adjust all the over travel out. They are less that a 100 buck you will love it a promise you or I will buy it back from you my self. The rsa trigger is like a bumpers dream come true.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:18:42 AM EDT
Wow.

This thread has gone this far without a "holier than thou, only heathen bums bumpfire, real men fire one shot a minute" post?

I'm impressed.

And sore. I bumped my MAK all day Saturday at the Camden, TN MG shoot.

My 12yo son dumped a 75rnd Chinese drum in two long bursts, too.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:49:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

How was Camden?? You had a great day to shoot as far as the weather was concerned.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:41:32 PM EDT
I just can't do it from the shoulder but i don't care, its fun as hell anyway! Bump Fire Vid Quicktime
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:48:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Kyarguy:

Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

How was Camden?? You had a great day to shoot as far as the weather was concerned.

KyARGuy

Fan-dam-tastic! Here's some pics.

Mini-gun, flame thrower, mortars, cannon, bowling ball mortar and many FA's. The weather was a bit cool, but not bad. The night shoot was cold, but fun. We set the whole hilltop on fire!

Only problem was the .50 rifles on both sides. They kept us covered in dust!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:01:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 7:06:05 AM EDT by postban]
75 round drum dump by me

COLT SP-1 AR15 being bumpfired

It just takes practice and full ammo cans
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:42:07 PM EDT
That was nice pics of you bumping the drum.
Top Top