Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2006 7:24:48 AM EDT
Do these stocks lock in the folded position?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:59:02 AM EDT
They do not lock in the sense that you'd have to push something to make it release to fold. It stays folded and does "stick" in position. It will not unfold unless you want it to.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:07:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By h8mtv:
They do not lock in the sense that you'd have to push something to make it release to fold. It stays folded and does "stick" in position. It will not unfold unless you want it to.

The above is true but if I may clarify, once folded or unfolded you cannot move the stock, it is basicly "locked". You need to push up on the folding device itself to change the position of the stock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:01:05 PM EDT
Yes. It is a good design IMO.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:27:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 2:28:20 PM EDT by 1911Gunner]
How about the "Cut the Tang" modification? Is this a good piece? I want to get a folder, but the foreign ones are hard to find, and I don't like the reciever extension blocks that ACE offers...
ETA Sorry for the hijack
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:35:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911Gunner:
How about the "Cut the Tang" modification? Is this a good piece? I want to get a folder, but the foreign ones are hard to find, and I don't like the reciever extension blocks that ACE offers...
ETA Sorry for the hijack

Here's a couple of threads I've squirreled away...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=80651
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=81478&page=1
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:40:53 PM EDT
Save your money and wait a few monthes for these Vepr folding stocks...

www.ak47.com/Vepr_Folding_Stock.htm

Check out the video.
If they are not made by Ace already, they will put Ace out of the AK folding stock business.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:46:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drobs:

Check out the video.
If they are not made by Ace already, they will put Ace out of the AK folding stock business.

Unless they make one for a milled Bulgarian, the ACE is about my only bet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:18:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drobs:

Check out the video.

Why do they have what appears to be a sling attachment loop on the end of the buttstock that sticks up above the end of the buttstock? Poor design if that is what it is.

Haven't they been saying these were going to be available for about a year now?

The design of the stock overall appears to very much like the ACE stock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:25:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mak:
Why do they have what appears to be a sling attachment loop on the end of the buttstock that sticks up above the end of the buttstock? Poor design if that is what it is.

It's a throwback to this...

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:01:06 PM EDT
I think I'd go with an ACE, because it's basically the same but you can get the ace for a little under $150 this folder is $200
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:44:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 7:46:56 PM EDT by Hammer in PA]
Maybe it's the picture but the Vepr stock looks like a TAPCO special. Here are some pictures of my ACE installed on a AMD-65. The "Cut The Tang" installation was easy.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:48:05 PM EDT

ETA Sorry for the hijack

I have seen some threads on here where people have cut the tang off their milled receivers. I think they should be taken out back and flogged for doing that. Its one thing to cut a replaceable trunnion, but to hack up a nice milled reciever is nuts.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:20:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By robpiat:

ETA Sorry for the hijack

I have seen some threads on here where people have cut the tang off their milled receivers. I think they should be taken out back and flogged for doing that. Its one thing to cut a replaceable trunnion, but to hack up a nice milled reciever is nuts.

Yeah, I agree. I would only do the ACE mod to an AKM. I would definitely save the milled.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:36:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By robpiat:

ETA Sorry for the hijack

A BIG +1! Looking at my beautiful SAM-5S, there is no way I'd cut the tang. That's why I've scounged like hell to get the Bulgarian tubular sidefolder (e.g. SF models) for this weapon. Now I KVAR would just make it available for everybody -- and at a decent price.
Top Top