Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/20/2006 4:06:32 PM EDT
I've been wanting to get another AK to play with, but the cheaper the better.  I've thought about picking up a lo-cap WASR and opening up the mag-well so it'll accept hi-cap mags.  I'm not sure of the legalities of doing so, however.

Anyone have any insight on how legal this would be, or where I could go to check it?  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Century has been doing it for years. Nothing illegal about it. Just make sure you have the proper US parts count.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Also have to be careful. Some (but not all) of the Romy low-caps actually have a low-capacity front trunion, which will require substantial modification or outright replacement in order to function with High-capacity mags. But it is worth it: I bought a low-cap Maadi for $200 and converted it. I worked slowly, and opening the mag well took about 1hr. If I were to do it again, it would probably only take about 20-30 mins with a Dremel. Then you need your 5/6 compliance parts and you are ready to rock and roll.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top