Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 3:42:28 AM EDT
At the end of this month there's a game coming out called BLACK, a 1st-person shooter by Criterion that reportedly makes the weaponry a central focus.

I've been playing a free demo from XBOX magazine and I have one problem with it: the AK variant in the demo mission has the charging handle on the left side.

Has there ever been an AK with this configuration? Or did Criterion screw it up that badly on their first try?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Same with Counter Strike.  I even emailed the developers telling them they need to change for authenticity sake, but my email went unanswered.  That was 4-5 years ago and it still is in the code, including the new version Counter Strike: Source.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:09:41 AM EDT
[#2]
No they didnt mess it up. they probably intended it that way, more animations take away from games over-all
graphics and memory. The AK for instance means the actor grabbing the stock pulling it over towards his
left side, raising his right hand and pulling the charging handle then going back to firing position. Those movements
can change animatics abit, maybe the model cannot change. by using the actors left hand, not so much animatics
are changing. Speed is what most gamers are looking for........ Most of us here want etremely well made games. Or at least I do.
I went to the Art Institute of Dallas and learned Graphic Design, I also wanted to learn computer animation but
learned some from friends who took the classes.
Video game developers actually go to great lengths to get accurate representations of firearms. They didnt over-look
it, they had to work around it.

I extensively play Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for the XBOX and love it, the cycle of the AK are great, real actions to change
mags. But not on the M16 though, everytime they change mags, they pull on the charging handle.
They did that to slow down the rate of magazine exchanges to try to make it the same as every other weapon, I was kinda
dissapointed but its just a game. It would be better if they just hit the bolt release and keep going.......

I HATE GETTING KILLED DURING A MAG CHANGE!!!!!

BLACK looks good, but the trailers seen here show alot of detail into blowing everything you can up.

That makes a game a "maybe" for everything else like action, intelligence, movement and most of all LENGTH. Putting so many things that can change in a game always takes it from somewhere else.

It is only $39.99 so I think I will buy it, need to retire BF2:MC sometime, which BLACK and BF2:MC are
both made by EA. They are also hit and miss developers but mostly hits. I hope BLACK is going to be really good.

Hope I made a dent...............rogue007
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You're both wrong... counter strike (and probobly BLACK) coded their guns to be held on the left side of the screen.  I know this for a fact.  Problem is, most people like their guns on the right side of the screen, and so the mirroring makes them look backwards.  Go into advanced options and have you guns oriented from the left hand.  Things'll look right as rain.  

Other than being mirrored, do you notice any consistency problems with the models?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#4]
You can download new skins for the AK in CS. There are some out there that have the bolt on the right side. The mag is changed with the left hand and the rifle is canted to the left and charged left handed over the top of the receiver. This place FPSBanana has the new skins.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#5]
This game, from what i understand almost wast released,...................I have no idea why. But was totaly reworked and updated with the same computer effects as Splinter Cell.................and those of us who have played SC, know exactly what im talking about.......................Im buying this game I bet money it will rock
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:33:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You're both wrong... counter strike (and probobly BLACK) coded their guns to be held on the left side of the screen.  I know this for a fact.  Problem is, most people like their guns on the right side of the screen, and so the mirroring makes them look backwards.  Go into advanced options and have you guns oriented from the left hand.  Things'll look right as rain.  

Other than being mirrored, do you notice any consistency problems with the models?

The demo doesn't have that option and the game has not been released yet, so unless you have a dev. copy...well, I guess you're mostly talking about some other game Iv'e never seen so nevermind.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Also having the AK on the right side with it reversed shows the function of it............ AK's on the right side
doesnt show anything.........
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top