Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/3/2006 9:31:15 AM EDT
I just received a brand new SAM7 that I purchased from a dealer on the boards. It is absolutely beautiful. I now see what everyone has been raving about.

While I was checking it over, I noticed that one of the fins (I guess thats what to call it) on the lower handguard has about 1/2 inch gouge out of it. Its not a big deal, but it is right where I will be supporting the rifle when shooting, and, honestly, it makes my brand new almost $700 AK not perfect.

I'm pretty picky about my stuff, so I'm inclined to call Arsenal to see if they will swap out the handguard. The other part of me says, don't sweat the small stuff.

Too picky, or would most folks here want it to be perfect?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#1]
thats really minor...i wouldnt bother them over a nick in the handguard..... i let small things slide, because i feel almost guilty for bothering companies,...i know i paid for it to be right, but sometimes...i dont know, just doesnt seem right to complain.... if it bothers you, by all means call them up or write them, as they will make good on it im sure....i love my Arsenal

also..

umm, got pics of the gouge, depends on how deep it is...if its a nick/scratch thats one thing..if its a deep gouge where like you can feel the difference while you hold the rifle, thats something id definitly do somethin about
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#2]
If it is a brand new rifle then by all means contact them and get a new handguard.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#3]
return it, new means new.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I would call them and ask if they'll send you a new handgaurd if you send them the old one.

It would be a much bigger deal to me if it was wood rather than finned plastic, but still, it shouldn't be there.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top