BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm Veronica, 25 from NY. I'm a single mom of a 3 year old boy. I have a facsination with guns, can't really explain it. I've only gotten to shoot a handgun but hopefully that will all change when I move out of NY.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome Veronica...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Why thank you, Cheers!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:51:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreyWarrior] [#4]
Hi there, I'm 52 from Nebraska.  I have 1 AK and 2 ARs.  I want to get more AKs.  I have a Romanian that I spruced up.  I'm saving up for an Arsenal.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Just  joined the darkside today.  Picked up my Hungarian SA 85M.  Its welcomed into the family by my RRA middy AR, XD40, and Winchester 67.

Ted
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Chris here, Currently in the U.S.Army stationed at Fort Bragg, NC but TDY at Fort Hood, TX.  I am married and have a daughter.  I have been visiting the board for some time now, but just registered last night.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Bob1984 here 21 years old, from Maryland.  I have a girlfriend who I recently moved in with.  Into all types of weapons, particularly military rifles of all kinds.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:56:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I wandered over here because I carry an M4 at work and have current custody of about a dozen captured AK's. Egyptian, Russian, etc. I'm pondering a semiauto buy when I get home, don't quite have the ambition for a build yet.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Let's see...... I'm 28 and currently stationed in Charleston, SC flying the C-17.  Married for about 3 yrs and only a dog.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Been to the darkside a couple times.  
First was from Romania.....Second was from Houston (pictured below).

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Guess I better check in (finally)-- My name's Lee. I'm 54, and I work for a firearms manufacturer here, so I'm mostly broke. I was foresighted lucky enough to grab a Chinese preban when they were around, and I have a recently-re-evilized BWK-92 (basically a MAK90 in .223) that I like a lot. About a year ago I got interested in AKs again, and now I'm gearing up a one-man arms race-- I've got six or seven kits, going to grab a few more while I can, and going to be tooling up to do as close to a factory job as I can. Like my pal Big Fred says, "It's only metal." Since I had an FFL a while back, I now have rather a large collection-- I started out as a Service Rifle shooter, so I have a thang for military rifles of all nations. I've also built a Krag, a 1903 Springfield, an M1 Garand, the M14SA I shoot in competition, and quite a few AR15s. I won't sneer at the AR guys, or anyone else because they shoot something besides AKs-- but I understand the compulsion completely.

And I'd like to take this opportunity to say: "Travis Aasen, you lucky bastard!" Not one but two SEAK 3's, and a Jnewt build, all in the same month-- your wife must really love you, dude. Mine would kill me. (Though mine did let drop that she wouldn't object to a Vector Uzi-- hmm--)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#12]
My friends call me Big L, I am 19 years old from central NY, originally from Yugoslavia and I've had passion for guns since I was born.  During the break up of Yugoslavia and civil wars back home I have collected vast varieties of weapons such as: 3-Yugo Zastava AK's (also known as Srbijanka) and 2-Hungarian AK's known as (Madjarka), 1-M53 Light Machine Gun (MG-42 Yugo version), 6-Yugo SKS (also known as "Papovka"), cases and cases of ammo. All of this was collected by me and my bestfriend back in Yugoslavia, unofrtunately I moved to America and left everything behind.  God only knows where the armory of weapons are.  Since NY state is tough on Assault Rifles, I have owned a WASR-10 Hi-Cap didn't like it that much and I sold it to some russian friends.  Right now I am only equiped with a M44 Mosin-Nagant but will buy more AK's in the future.

P.S, -Zivela Republika Srpska Krajina hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:59:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: archer2] [#13]
Hey! How'd I miss this thread?????

Travis.............Where the hell is Jugrunner?  

Sorry, I've been away on the "other" side of the site for a while...........................

Name's Jim, 47 yo, married 27 years, 3 boys 26, 23, 19, two daughters in law, a Granddaughter 17 mos and another grandson on the way!

AF Medic for 24 years, moved all over the world.

I started off on the dark side with 2 Egyptian MAADI AK's. Now I've added 2 1/2 AR's...an SP1 clone and a carbine. Working on an A1 w/FA "Vietnam era" clone. I love all black rifles......................

Watch out for Travis and Jugrunner.....they're MAG WHORES!  

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:14:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: This_Is_Necessary] [#14]
A year ago I bought my first AR-15, and now  I just finished my first AR-15 pistol build, I have a 16" rifle in the works, and.........  the other day, while I was looking for a shotgun barrel for my buddy, I saw some AK's.       I...... .....   w. ....  .. . .w..  . . . . ..an. . ..  . .. . . .t.. .. (Sorry, I think that's my new disease taking over.) I WANT AN AK!  I've already agreed to buy a "ROMY AK" from a guy on the EE. I can't friggin wait to get my hands on that thing. From what I've heard, the AK is not nearly as accurate as the AR, but I tell ya what, I sure do like the look of that wood, and the forward grip on the AK I'm looking at (not sure what you call it) really got my attention. I just hope the ammo is cheaper than 223 lol.

Anyways, I'm 35, married (#3), 17 years in the Navy, looking to retire in a couple years. I have a little boy who loves my guns, everytime I pull my rifle out my son goes crazy. I've been on this site for about a year now, but just never clicked on the button to the right of the AR-15 button. Have no idea what took me so long, but I'm here now!

Gene
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Howdy, 53 living in SW Idaho (the refuge for escaped CA citizens who want to live in a free state again). Got started here after accidently pushing the AK button on top instead of the AR. Looked at the AK's some of the members posted and was drawn to the dark side. Being a former Mak90 owner in the 90's I was no stranger to the world of AK's. Have an AK-103k replica on a SA-85 recv'r. Thinking about another AK and might build a EG MPI-KMS replica. Two sons and one daughter ages 12,10 and9. These three keep me poor feeding their 22's and shotguns and busy policing their spent brass.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:05:51 AM EDT
[#16]
hello new to forum. I would like to thank jeepcreep for the info on the pre-ban polytechs thanks,  also from all the projects i've seen you guys are dedicated and the work you put into your rifles is amazing keep up the good work .  I'm 26 single and loving it although I almost got married hmaster

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/oxyman/Picture.jpg
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#17]
20 year old college studet here. 1 SKS, 1 M1, 1 AK (not assembled) and2 parts kits.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#18]
New here. 25 years old living in central Virginia, originally from south Florida. I signed up soley for the wealth of Ak-related information. I bought my first, a WASR-10, a little over 7 months ago and while it isn't top notch, it is all I can afford at the moment. Not a single complaint besides the fact that she doesn't seem to like any HP ammo. I can say that since my early teens, I've held a strong interest in firearms. Of all that I've seen and fired, the Ak has always fascinated the hell out of me. Anything else always seemed too "nice". I've also got a Mosin Nagant, Ruger mini-30, and a couple CZ-52s. I look forward to learning a lot more than what I have so far, and adding more AKs to my arsenal asap.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Hello, Dan here, 50 y.o. fireman w/ a little over a year till retirement, married w/ 5 kids.  C&R license holder, built 3 ARs, bought a seak3, have four ak kits to build, 4 FAL kits to build and hope to get a 1919 browning before too long.  Getting the tools together here in the middle of the pacific is a pain.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm Ryan. I'm 20 years old. I'm in college, and live in missouri. I've been hunting/fishing since about age 6. I got my first gun when I was 4 (Ruger 10/22). I've been collecting milsurp since I was about 16. I have a big SKS collection, an M1 carbine, A FAL, A WASR, and I'm about to buy an M4
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Hello, Brian here. Active duty USAF pilot stationed at Offutt AFB, NE. I mainly collect US martial arms and pre89 Yugo AK47s.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#23]
23, college grad student.  I don't have any rifles!  Bought my version gun (Springfield XD9 Pistol) a month ago.  First time I fired a gun ever was a month ago.

Now thinking about a quality, affordable  AK.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey all,

I'm 36, single, no kids, and live in Canada, where I'm not allowed to own a "scary" AK ht
Cheers!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:29:50 AM EDT
[#25]
OK i have a Milled Norinco Mak-90 now=)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Boma:
OK i have a Milled Norinco Mak-90 now=)

...and I want it!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:42:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: davis9588] [#27]
Hello, Jeff Davis here...  Currently 36, soon to change in June.  Proud owner of a Yugo Underfolder and one totally re-built Romy WASR High cap...  Here's the family pic:

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By Concrete_Brunette:
I'm Veronica, 25 from NY. I'm a single mom of a 3 year old boy. I have a facsination with guns, can't really explain it. I've only gotten to shoot a handgun but hopefully that will all change when I move out of NY.

Alot of room for U down here in sunny warm Florida sweetheart. Welcome to the Darkside too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Hello, I recently joined the forum and would like to introduce myself.  I developed an affinity for AK-style assault rifles back in college when I studied International Relations and Economics, with a focus on the Cold War, foreign eilite military units, the clandestine services, and foreign terrorist/revolutionary movements.  While I have shot a few 'exotic' weapons, I am not an owner of any guns, but I will buying a couple in the very near future.  What I'm looking at buying are a Hungarian AMD 65 and Vector Arms underfolder.  In the future I'd like to acquire an SVD, an AK-100 series rifle, and branch into NATO arms.  I've been using this site and forum as an information resource and found it to be quite respectable.  I look forward to posting more in the future, hopefully in turn providing others with information they seek.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By Stasi:
Hello, I recently joined the forum and would like to introduce myself.  I developed an affinity for AK-style assault rifles back in college when I studied International Relations and Economics, with a focus on the Cold War, foreign eilite military units, the clandestine services, and foreign terrorist/revolutionary movements.  While I have shot a few 'exotic' weapons, I am not an owner of any guns, but I will buying a couple in the very near future.  What I'm looking at buying are a Hungarian AMD 65 and Vector Arms underfolder.  In the future I'd like to acquire an SVD, an AK-100 series rifle, and branch into NATO arms.  I've been using this site and forum as an information resource and found it to be quite respectable.  I look forward to posting more in the future, hopefully in turn providing others with information they seek.

Welcome and I can say that the Vector is a nice weapon for the money.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:43:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaffyDuck] [#32]
Daffy Duck here from Alabama. Mid 40's, married 18 years, 1 kid. Middle management type for a large corporately owned company. Love motorcycles, guns, and music from the 70's. I've been on this side now for about a year and a half. As an owner of 3 AR type rifles, I was to the point of throwing up every time I would go to the AR side of the website and see another 6 pound carbine with 9 pounds of crap hanging from it. If I were to pick one up I don't think I would be able to get a round off (or most people that have them in a stressful situation) Too many ambidextrous cowitnessing optical side folding acucamed laser rails w/integral backup exfoliating thumbswitch controled enemabags for me.  As an owner of an SAR1 for the past 5 years, I found I could not go to the range without it . So much fun to shoot and just so simple. Easy to hit, cheap to shoot. I now have 4 Kalshnikovs, The SAR1 with a Red Star trigger group, a Polish underfolder, An Arsenal Bulgaria SLR 105, and a Romaninan kit build underway. I also enjoy shooting my 10-22 heavy barrel, my DSA .308 and my SIG pistols.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By krinkfreak:
Krinkfreak here...Retired Air Force and now doing it as a DoD Contractor.  I'm an avid collector of AKs but enjoy shooting all types of weapons. I also like to spend quality time teaching the fundamentals of shooting to my two sons.

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=14924&iGalleryUnq=443&iImageUnq=7700

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=14924&iGalleryUnq=443&iImageUnq=7710

I always pictured you older and fatter with a beard or somthing.
Nice to see who you are. I always enjoy your post.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Man, did I pick up on this one a bit late. Wisconsin resident presently, Florida cracker at heart. Married young, still working at it and loving it (14 years). Loving our little girl, now 18 months. Proud USAF vet (AGE) and avid firearms collector/ enthusiast. List too long to go into here.

Mick.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:29:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hv3apbt] [#35]
name : chris
married:yes
kids: yes jillian 4yrs and michael 6 months
pets: two pitbulls, four cats, and a free roaming rabbit
guns:yes, 10

i haven't been here in quite awhile ...i've been working crazy shifts that f-up my sleep so ...i should be here more often now with my new set schedule...chris

eta: i'm an unforgiving son of a bitch who hates liberals
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Hey,
My name is Marty I am married with two young boys,I'm 40- I love your site, I have learned a ton about ak's here.
I own a polytech underfolder with a stamped receiver & a polytech legend national match w/ a milled reciver( never been fired)

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#37]
OK guys...

My name is Peter, and I have a problem... an AK problem... its started when I wanted a rifle from the motherland (Poland) hence my current search for the ultimate Polish underfolder.  Then I realized I needed a Bulgarian Sidefolder, and a RPK, and a Tantal...

Currently the fact that $25k a year is going towards school pretty much destroys hopes of a large collectioon until after graduation and loans are payed off.  I've got a few toys here and there, but geeding them is an issue due to school.  Hell, I still need to pick up some kits before I miss out totally.  I'm single, and in my spare time I like to play lacrosse for the Illini, watch football or basketball, weight lift, and pwn liberals.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Jackbull here, people started trying to kill me on and off with AKs in 1967.  After 26 years of Active Duty I bought a WASR, gave it an extended TAPCO Stock, SAW Grip and TAPCO fore grip
decked it out with Russian 4X Illuminated reticle scope.  It all works well except the TAPCO fore grip which does not fit well (top insert loose).

AKs are all over the world earning their money every day.  The WASR may be the bottom of the barrel, but it works 10 times out of 10.  I also have a Bushmaster M-4 and a CETME plus a dozen or so bolt guns and a half dozen shotguns and a dozen handguns.  When the lighs are out and there is a bump in the night, the old WASR feels good with a 30 rounder in the spout.

I won't argue with anybody about what they want to carry when the SHTF, I want choices and an AK is among the ones I want.

Anybody who wants to blanket badmouth the AK needs to spend a sleepless night running around chasing guys that have one.  Any way I am way to old for "my gun is better than your gun" as long as you get good with everything you have, have as many tools as you can afford.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#39]
24 here, single for the night, been into hunting and rifles for about 14 yrs, just got into millitary style firearms a few months ago with my Armalite M15, instantly fell in love, a week later bought a M70 AK and a month after that bought a Barret M99, this is turning into an obsession and my safe is running out of space fast. Other hobbies include offshore powerboating, motorcycles, diving, bar hopping, and women....all in that order.   Manufacturing asphalt is what supports my habbits.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Hi, I'm Mark, 28 years old, from Cincinnati, Ohio. I collect AK's, AR's, FAL's, bolt Guns, handguns, you name it. Probably shot or torn apart almost every modern firearm on the planet, been shooting for twenty years and honest to God realized I need a job in the firearms industry but my degrees are in Finance. Currently I am single, again, was engaged to be married Jan. 2006 but she left- never really gave me a reason which is the worse I guess.

Really just kind getting my life back together, enjoying the things that make me who I am, hunting, fishing, four wheeling, being in the outdoors, going to the mountains, just being me. I work as a Financial Advisor and I fucking hate my job.

You guys might know me on from the other boards as:
Bryant
7.62FMJ

Thanks,
Creeper

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:47:19 AM EDT
[#41]
name is Will
retired army
live in pueblo west, co, moved here from orlando and will probably moving back within the next year.
divorced, no kids

but anyway i just picked up a Mak-90
as soon as the weather permits i plan on putting some rounds through it
and tomorrow ordering some goodies for it: Ace skeleton stock, Kobra red dot, flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Here is and old one of the MAN, and a friend and I.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:59:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lonerunner1] [#43]
I'm from ND.  24.  Married 7 months now. Pilot and a gun nut.  FALs' AR's AK's Hk's C&R's.  I like preety much anything that goes bang when you pull the trigger.  I only have one AK, a MAK90, but......I have five Yugos (Two M92 Krinks, 1 M70 underfolder, M72 RPK, and a M95) and one Polish AKMS in the garage just waiting for receivers.  Someday, I will post pics of my little Yugo collection when compleated.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#44]
I could have sworn I posted in this thread already....

My name is Zane, and I have been married to a very understanding woman for the last 10 years.  We have a 7 yr old daughter that is a tomboy, almost like the "son I never had".  We also have 4 cats(for some reason, the wife brings a new one home when we get under 4 in the house).

I have a degree in accounting, and worked for GE for over 10 years.  I got tired of "Corporate America", and now run operations for a property maintenance business owned by my best friend.

Bought my '99 vintage SAR 1 in 2000, since it was the first pistol griped AK I had seen that wasn't 900 bucks or more.  Became a 5.45 disciple after reading Campy's posts over on Gunsnet(back in the good old days). Bought a '99 SAR 2, and changed out the FSB with help from Omar's tutorial(pretty tame compared to building guns from kits, but back then it was uncharted territory).

I own a wide variety of firearms, but the AK is still my favorite.

About the only other interests I really have are autos, and corresponding "shadtree mechanic" activities.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Hello all.  I am from Seattle, Washington.  I am 27 years old, married and work as a mortgage broker.  My hobbies include; motorcycles, martial arts and weapons.  Thank you for having me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#46]
New to the Ak side of the house.  Already made my first post about buying a Type 56 rifle.  

I live in PA, but have migrated here from MN thru many years of travel.  I am 36 yrs old, married 12+ years, 2 kids, age 5 and 11, both born on Sept 11th, have 2 dogs and own 2 houses.  I work in the cellular phone industry on the engineering side.   I served 10 yrs + in the Army.  I was in the artillery for 6 yrs and then reenlisted for communications for the last 4.

Love guns, was brought up with them.  I try to be an avid hunter, but do not get enough time in the woods.  As far as what guns I own, I have one AR, an RRA A4 Varmint, most accurate rifle I have ever shot, a M48 Mauser, a CX4 Storm in 45, a SIG Mod 970 rifle in 25-06 for deer hunting, a few pistols and of course a Rem 870 12 ga, everyone should own one of these.  Not a lot by any means, but I am kind of picky when it comes to buying guns, plus I try to control my impulse buying.  If I pick up a rifle and I don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling, back on the rack it goes.

My next big purchase will be one of 2 rifles.  Either a AI AWM in 338 Lapua Mag, or moving up a notch in power, a Barret 416.  Not sure which one it will be, but one of them will be mine this year!!!

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:08:28 AM EDT
[#47]
My first post so yes, I am new here!!  

My name is Jim, I'm 45, live in northern Arizona, married 18 yrs with a 14 yr old daughter.  I purchased a Yugo SKS (my first centerfire rifle) last year and now want to move up to an AK.  I am here researching trying to decide which one to choose.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Shawn, 33, Married, no children yet, new owner of an AK47, also old owner of many other fine arms... (12 Guage LE Pump, 45 ACP, etc.)  I think this site is very informative.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:36:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SelectFire] [#49]
Selectfire on ARFCOM
Ballistic/Glock Holiday on Glock Talk
And on the rest of the gun boards: Glock Holiday.
I'm retired USAF and have a family.I live in Oklahoma and work as a civilian aircraft mechanic at Vance AFB.
I shoot and collect Glocks, AR's and AK's among other firearms.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#50]
proud resident of the great state of tennessee. i am a glock nut!!!! i am new to AK47s.. i just like them much better than the AR15s that i think are too highly priced and arent as durable..
Page / 14
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top